99 Accord EX F-23 rev limiter problem

mugenpwr07

Hey im lookin for some help. I have a 99' Accord EX 4dr, MT 160k miles, and have issues with it. On the way to my school this morning, i hit the freeway, and regardless of what gear i was in, car didnt go above 3100 RPM. i shut it off, tuurned it on and same thing. Sounded and felt like i was hitting the rev limiter which should be kicking in at about 6300 RPM, the SES light is on, and still has the dreadful cat code, but i dont feel it has anything to do with my current problem. if anyone has some suggestions, i would be grateful.

Thanks

Hey im lookin for some help. I have a 99' Accord EX 4dr, MT 160k miles, and have issues with it. On the way to my school this morning, i hit the freeway, and regardless of what gear i was in, car didnt go above 3100 RPM. i shut it off, tuurned it on and same thing. Sounded and felt like i was hitting the rev limiter which should be kicking in at about 6300 RPM, the SES light is on, and still has the dreadful cat code, but i dont feel it has anything to do with my current problem. if anyone has some suggestions, i would be grateful.

Thanks

Similar problem here. 01' Accord EX- F23 automatic. 109K miles. I'm an auto tech and can't figure this one out. It's a customer's car and 2 different honda dealerships couldn't figure it out. Not so sure it's rev limiter, but it feels similar. Feels fine until after half throttle. If you hit passing gear at about 65 mph it will slowly pull up to about 5800rpm then start losing rpm. While you hold gas to floor it will trip check engine light and make it blink a few times, but when you let off it goes out. only code it's setting is p0131, primary oxygen sensor low voltage. Honda put a new O2 sensor in thinking that was the prob. I felt like it was leaning out and lacking fuel, so I put a new fuel pump and filter in. No change. Watching data list on mastertech scanner with honda/acura software everything looks normal while it happens except O2 voltage. Timing advaces to around 30 degrees and VTEC is engaging. If anybody has a clue, please help. Thanks. :help:

Sounds like your oil is low. When it gets low there isn't enough oil getting to the SOHC and VTEC won't engage, hence the cut off in the 3000 RPM range. Add some oil and get it up to the proper level or give it an entire change.

Edit: Here's another link to check so you know where I'm coming from:

Low Oil

Edited by Jeffro

i drive a 99 honda accord.. and when my oil was low in the engine.. the engine pretty much limited it from going past 4000 rpm.. so give an oil change a try and it should work.. i figured that out the hard way.. but give it a try and lemme know if it works.. and the comment above is also true about not enough oil getting to the vtec part of the engine.. so an oil change would be good... lemme know if it works out..