HP or Torque

Batman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont worry, ill do the work for you. via wikipedia:

"Although most SRT-4s were rated at 220 hp, it was revealed that Dodge underrated the car's power production. Dodge tested the SRT-4 prototypes on the dyno with a fairly hot intercooler, which negatively affected overall efficiency.[1] Most production SRT-4s in fact rate right around 230-235whp stock, with crank horsepower estimated at 265-275 hp. This makes them competitive with much more expensive production sports cars in real world, "roll-on" situations as well as open-road racing."

so a "fairly" hot intercooler can cause a drop of 55 hp? are you craptin me?

I could really care less..

I don't own an SRT4 .. probably wouldn't own one..never driven one so I can't say for sure..I'm sure I could be swayed..

Fact of the matter it's a torquey setup. Responds well to modification, and can become quite the little hoss for a small amount of money.

what they put it in the oven? why was it hot? because of testing? arg, so couldnt heat up from regular driving?

Yea that's it

They put it in a giant oven

:crazy:

SRT's are rated a 230HP and 250ft/lbs stock

I've seen bone stock SRT's put down 240whp 250wrtq

I've seen SRT's with WGA, exhaust and FMIC put down 275whp (which is what I have)

Even better is the torque

A SRT with the same mods as above will easily put down 320-330wtrq (around 360 at the crank)

Best part is all those mods will run you about $800 total:)

I got the hook up on all my stuff

So I spent $650 on performance parts and put down decent power :)

Yea that's it

They put it in a giant oven

:crazy:

SRT's are rated a 230HP and 250ft/lbs stock

I've seen bone stock SRT's put down 240whp 250wrtq

I've seen SRT's with WGA, exhaust and FMIC put down 275whp (which is what I have)

Even better is the torque

A SRT with the same mods as above will easily put down 320-330wtrq (around 360 at the crank)

Best part is all those mods will run you about $800 total:)

I got the hook up on all my stuff

So I spent $650 on performance parts and put down decent power :)

Thank you, Chris.

But it's still a Pontiac.

Yea.. but God touched it.

Wtf @ Accord guy talking crap.

I could really care less..

I don't own an SRT4 .. probably wouldn't own one..never driven one so I can't say for sure..I'm sure I could be swayed..

Fact of the matter it's a torquey setup. Responds well to modification, and can become quite the little hoss for a small amount of money.

I herd they are known for cank walk and the turbos blowing?

I've NEVER heard of one crankwalking..much less a turbo "blowing up".

I've heard of input shaft bearings giving out during roll races and axles being snapped..and extremely rare but a tranny blowing but that's about it.

I'm not a real mechanic, we do it old school back yard style. The terms are just what we say. Crank walking is pretty much throughing the bearings, inturn the crank shaft wobbles and looks like it's walking. How about we call it Redneck talk?

I'm not a real mechanic, we do it old school back yard style. The terms are just what we say. Crank walking is pretty much throughing the bearings, inturn the crank shaft wobbles and looks like it's walking. How about we call it Redneck talk?

lmao @ rednecks in st pete.

well my car sounds better than an srt4 for damn sure. every one ive heard sounds like straight crap since they didnt come with a muffler.

You guys are funny on here

SRT is one of the best sounding 4 bangers

See here:

Man, listen to that turbo

SEZZZZZY

You guys are funny on here

SRT is one of the best sounding 4 bangers

dude i hope youre kidding. it sounds like crap. gurgly, backfiring crap. now the WRX sounds sexy, easily one of the best stock sounding 4 banger. sk2 is nice too. mine is nice. a muffler-less neon? not nice. i cant imagine how crappy it would sound if it didnt have the turbo to suppress some of the madness.

498 cc yet they call it a 500. btw, thats not my bike in the vid, i have the same exact one except its an '06

ah that one in the video just seemed to be slow.. i know when i had my 600 katana it had more pull to it topped out at like 125 heavy ass bike, then i drove my friends one night got that up to 165, but was also ram air, but idk maybe its just how the vid is but seemed slow

it was racing against a mustang gt, and on the freeway no less. 0-100 my bike will demolish alot of cars out there, but if im in a race from like 70+ on the freeway against a car, its almost equal ground. a little 500cc bike doesnt have that top end power that a larger bike has. my bike will top out at like 135-140 on a cold night.

dude, suzuki's "can of tuna" is a joke for a 600. it really is. no offense. you would have been far better off with either a ninja, gsxr, or cbr 600. the ninja is the slowest out of them all but handles real nicely, the cbr is an all around good bike, and the gsxr is the fastest and handles just as well as the ninja if not better.

Archived