general cencus, which should i do?

95exd16z6

so i have a 95 EX with a d16z6 in it, short ram, and a spare head to do whatever with. i was just tryin to get an idea whether or not i should just keep tuning the engine thats in there and boost it sumday, or whether i should drop a b18 of some sort in there. what do you guys think?

Boost the one you got, and you wouldn't happen to be interested in selling that head would you?

idk man. first i live in DE, second i think the head thats on the car has a small tweak in one of the valves or something, i think a small noise is coming from it, so i was just gonna port and polish the current head and then swap it onto the car. if i do that, would u want the head thats on the car now?

Maybe you're hearing your injectors ticking?

idk, caus it sounds differnet then the last d16z6 i had in the car, but i blew the bottom end on that one. idk if its just a subtle difference thats just because its a different head or what, but its not givin me ne problems.

sweet. thanx alot accordheart. youve been a real help. i thinks its great that the regs on here put up with these newb questions. nd ill keep u posted on when i get that head swapped kegger, prolly be a few months since i have no money and 12 hours a week doesnt really pay much.

dont waste money on a D at all. stick the B18 in it and go from there. good buddy of mine did , boosted fully built bottom (rods/pistons)D16A6 with Z6 head. running 11 psi , got 190whp , sad. boosted stock B18A/B is good for 230 whp.

well im kinda partial to the b18, but the d16 is a good engine. tho as you found out they do have a mild problem with blowin the bottom end. it also does take alot to make power with that engine. plus after years of people messin round with it, after everything you do to it it will keep makin power. also itll be cheaper in the long run if you just swp the engine. its easyer and cheaper to find certain parts for the b18.

well im kinda partial to the b18, but the d16 is a good engine. tho as you found out they do have a mild problem with blowin the bottom end. it also does take alot to make power with that engine. plus after years of people messin round with it, after everything you do to it it will keep makin power. also itll be cheaper in the long run if you just swp the engine. its easyer and cheaper to find certain parts for the b18.

Usually the bottom end blows out if the internals are stock. And that's because the connecting rods are about as big as an over-sharpened pencil, and about as strong as rolled up paper.

Usually the bottom end blows out if the internals are stock. And that's because the connecting rods are about as big as an over-sharpened pencil, and about as strong as rolled up paper.

yeah, if i boost it id go with some forged pistons and new rods. thatss so far down the line tho, so im not really worried about it

Archived