Goodbye Iphone

SIR_VTEC

thats why you wait a while. plus, the iphone had a 200 dollar price drop, so its not that expensive for it anymore. its just that the plans suck because thats what is expensive.

Still... Why pay that much for a phone that will be old news in a few months? I mean look at the Razor it Was the big thing for what 3 month then the Crazor came out and every one wanted that... I had a Razor V3 I payed $50 for it and I loved it... Why go out and pay $2-$300 for some thing that is only "cool" for a short time? Thats just my opinion.

they're all queer. i just get whatever is free with my two year contract and regret that too. cell phones are such a pain in the ass. most of the time i just want to throw mine out the window but i have to have it for work.

i hate that people can get a hold of me on their terms. the phone is a device for my convenience , not the convenience of others. if i am not at home or at my desk i don't want people to be able to call me. i prefer the solitude and blissful silence.

...too bad the fat whore in line behind me at walmart has a cell phone playing no diggity on full volume and she can't find the piece of crap in all her rolls and we have to listen to the thing ring for five minutes straight....which ruins the blissful silence.

i wouldnt spend more then $80-100 bucks on a phone if that much....... i only use it for like 2 mins per call and why pay all that money for features you most likely wont use unless your that much of a nerd lol!

The KRZR is a girl phone and only girls want it

LoL it really is, alot of my female customers and friends have that phone.

As far as this phone goes it looks cool, concept is good, but it would probably fail

...too bad the fat whore in line behind me at walmart has a cell phone playing no diggity on full volume and she can't find the piece of crap in all her rolls and we have to listen to the thing ring for five minutes straight....which ruins the blissful silence.

blissful silence at walmart? lol

that was a rather retarded statement in more then one way, as I don't even shop at walmart :laugh:

Funny the things you will say when margaritas are involved.

I just bought the new LG chocolate (kind of a girl phone too I guess) but I really like having an mp3 player and 1.3 megapixel camera with me wherever I go, plus I use the other features like the planner and calculator (to keep track of mpgs and tips usually). Also it's a phone. If you don't wanna talk on it then don't answer it. Pretty easy.

The iphone seems way more elegant than this new thing, so I doubt it will take sales away from the iphone, which is a really slick device. I never knew how often I'd want to use the features it has until my friend got one.

I don't know... I still can't justify spending $500 on a phone. :crazy:

8 gig Nano = $199

8 gig iPhone = $399

For $200 more you only have to carry one device, and have a light version of a smartphone as well.

Finally a subject I know all about. I work for verizon and know first hand that this phone will take sales away from att and I also know that the term iphone killer is a correct term to use.

iphone:

huge display with complete touch screen

pda type features with full html internet

made by apple with do amazing things with technology

however:

you cant put insurance on it

you pay full retail on the phone and still sign a 2yr contract

the techs at att stores and apple stores cant look at the phone. if you need help with it you have to call apple and if they cant fix the phone you have to sent it in to them with no replacement. if you want a replacement it will cost you 80 for 3 days.

no removable battery. think back to the very first ipod. you couldnt take out the battery and once it went bad you had to pay to get it fixed. they are doing the same thing with the phone.

slow internet connection.

and its on the att network.

voyager:

huge screen with complete touch screen but also has a full keyboard for texting when flipped up much like the lg 9900

full html browser on a high speed internet connection.

you have your mp3 player your digital camera and phone all in one. plus you can dowload your music on the go

its backed by verizons network

our instore techs can work on the phone

we put insurance on the phone and give you discounts on the retail cost

verizon has never released info on a phone that has not been released before and they will make sure it does not fail

True, but the service plans suck, personally im with sprint and love it, because service is everywhere i go...i tested out verizon, and t-mobile they suck...had sprint since i was 15 and is still working great!...just sprints phones arent the greatest

the iphone's screen looks to be a lot bigger than the voyagers though. yeah i have nextel which is basically the same as sprint and from my house (deep in the woods of vt) and at college (university of arizona) i get great service with nextel, the only thing is the phones are kinda bulky because of the walky talky thing

True, but the service plans suck, personally im with sprint and love it, because service is everywhere i go...i tested out verizon, and t-mobile they suck...had sprint since i was 15 and is still working great!...just sprints phones arent the greatest

Coverage depends on your location. Verizon is the best option for my area as far as coverage area goes.

As for civicplaya's post, it may make some users think twice about switching to AT&T, but as per the analyst in the article, it won't deter sales of the iPhone. There are still plenty of AT&T users who would pick up the iPhone as opposed to switching for the Voyager, and vice versa. This will also only fuel a war between companies to continue to make the best high end phone, which is beneficial to consumers :thumbsup:

where i live at att service is virtually nonexistant, so very few iphones here. verizon is something absurd like 70% of the market in this region and service is flawless. this fact does make it nice for making free calls in-service since almost everyone has verizon.

Finally a subject I know all about. I work for verizon and know first hand that this phone will take sales away from att and I also know that the term iphone killer is a correct term to use.

iphone:

huge display with complete touch screen

pda type features with full html internet

made by apple with do amazing things with technology

however:

you cant put insurance on it

you pay full retail on the phone and still sign a 2yr contract

the techs at att stores and apple stores cant look at the phone. if you need help with it you have to call apple and if they cant fix the phone you have to sent it in to them with no replacement. if you want a replacement it will cost you 80 for 3 days.

no removable battery. think back to the very first ipod. you couldnt take out the battery and once it went bad you had to pay to get it fixed. they are doing the same thing with the phone.

slow internet connection.

and its on the att network.

voyager:

huge screen with complete touch screen but also has a full keyboard for texting when flipped up much like the lg 9900

full html browser on a high speed internet connection.

you have your mp3 player your digital camera and phone all in one. plus you can dowload your music on the go

its backed by verizons network

our instore techs can work on the phone

we put insurance on the phone and give you discounts on the retail cost

verizon has never released info on a phone that has not been released before and they will make sure it does not fail

The iphone is also an mp3 player, digital camera, and phone all in one, AND you can download music on the go thanks to the new update which install the wireless itunes store.

The internet isn't really slow either, around here (Chicago) Edge service is usually 5 bars wherever I go and the internet works great. Not to mention you can connect to wifi networks, and run internet through that.

If the battery goes bad, you take it to an AT&T store and get a replacement right there. Happened to my friend a couple weeks ago.

It can be insured, depending on which agent you go to.

iPhone killer? I hardly think so.

The iphone is also an mp3 player, digital camera, and phone all in one, AND you can download music on the go thanks to the new update which install the wireless itunes store.

The internet isn't really slow either, around here (Chicago) Edge service is usually 5 bars wherever I go and the internet works great. Not to mention you can connect to wifi networks, and run internet through that.

If the battery goes bad, you take it to an AT&T store and get a replacement right there. Happened to my friend a couple weeks ago.

It can be insured, depending on which agent you go to.

iPhone killer? I hardly think so.

The camera is not able to send pictures phone to phone, only to email. Our phone is coming from factory being able to download music on the go, you don't have to take it to get a software upgrade. EDGE maxes out on the internet at 300k while our average is 600-1.4megs. That's on the download. ATT maxes out on the upload at 100k, ours averages 500-800k.

It cannot be insured. No matter which agent you go to. The insurance company nation wide is assurion and they do not insure most phones that att provide. What att does is gives you a new phone at no cost and then extends your agreement without telling you (happened to my friend about 2 months ago). WiFi isn't everywhere while our phone connects to our towers which are pretty much everywhere. And the bar's on your phone do not dictate the speed in which your internet runs

Archived