What year is my motor??

Speed_Safely

So i just bought a motor from a friend of mine. He tells me its a 95 GSR. I know its a gsr (B18C1). But how do i find out what year the motor was made? I know hes my friend but i kinda dont trust his ass especially when money is involved. Thanx

So i just bought a motor from a friend of mine. He tells me its a 95 GSR. I know its a gsr (B18C1). But how do i find out what year the motor was made? I know hes my friend but i kinda dont trust his ass especially when money is involved. Thanx
Call the dealer and ask them. Give them the #s on the block and they should be able to tell you what year it is.

Weeeeeeeell it can range anywhere from 94/01. Lol.

yeah if its a gsr anyway. there should be an engine code on the block to make sure its a gsr. do engines come with the VIN on them anywhere? if they do you, you could check that, but i dont think so. i dont think it really matters what year between 94/01 as much as the mileage does

The do have vins but it is in different places on different motors. I have a D15A1 sitting in my back yard with a tranny and all it needs a go through because of the rain but most of it is there if any one wants it pick it up or have some one get it you can have the d&^$ thin if you want it. I live in St.Pete FL.

look on the front of the head right above the exhaust manifold. theres a small circle thats stamped the year. if its a 95 gsr itll look like (9/5) then a little ways over from it itll be stamped p72.

look on the front of the head right above the exhaust manifold. theres a small circle thats stamped the year. if its a 95 gsr itll look like (9/5) then a little ways over from it itll be stamped p72.

thanx nancy.. i just checked the head and it did have what you just explained.. aloha from hawaii!!

Archived