di6z6

95exd16z6

i know that sum people on this forum have gotten a good bit of power out of their d16z6's. if this applies to you id greatly appreciate just a quick description of what you guys did and what the results were. im wondering if its worth doin nething to mine or just goin with a swap or new car alltogether.

Well the only way I know to make good power from a d16 is a good build and boost. D16's are pretty much junk factory. My accord(F22b2) with just an intake, beats my buddy's del sol with a d16z6 with intake/header/test pipe/exhaust by about 5 cars. Personally, I'de swap it out. Put an h22 in it. :thumbsup:

^ loler.

sit an ls1 in it. pwn all.

in all seriousness, you could boost it..or you could build and boost it ..and would PROBABLY enjoy it.

sweet, im not looking for a full out racecar, but i do enjoy getttin a good pull out of a corner on the back roads. if i wanted to boost it should i rebuild the stock internalls at all? i was plannin on rebuilding my spare head anyway. i was also plannin an exhaust, new IM, TB, fuel injectors,a nd parts of the fuel system. this sound right?

If you're going for maximum power I would rebuild the internals, New pistons, connecting rods, etc. If not, Just make sure they are all in good condition. Make sure the car has no problems like oil leaks, etc. That could mean death to your motor quickly with boost. Make sure you replace your clutch/flywheel too if it is a 5 speed. Stock clutch will get eaten up quick with all that extra power.

BLAH there is nothing wrong with hitting a rev limiter!!!!!! IF It was gunna hurt the car, they would have made the rev limiter lower!

x2

ha, you might beat dylan with his AUTOMATIC, but i bet you cant beat me mike :devil: uh oh do i smell a challenge?:ninja:

It will be closer. Considering your car is so much lighter, and it's a 5 speed. You might even beat me.:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
sweet, im not looking for a full out racecar, but i do enjoy getttin a good pull out of a corner on the back roads. if i wanted to boost it should i rebuild the stock internalls at all? i was plannin on rebuilding my spare head anyway. i was also plannin an exhaust, new IM, TB, fuel injectors,a nd parts of the fuel system. this sound right?

would you be willing to sell that spare head you mentioned?? and is it in good condition??

Archived