92 civic hatch........ K20a swap ?

Currpt_God

i have an EG civic with a b series swap and its just not enough power, i want something that will stand out from all the other civics out there so i was thinking about a K20a swap, is it possible in an EG because i have only seen them in the EK, and if so how hard will it be and can you give me any suggestions

Thanks again guys

im not saying your lying bol , but id love to have a go with you with an rsx-s or my EM2 once its K20'd ive been in many GSR's and a few rsx-s's , and i dont think youd win dude , lol. thats like saying , my civic hatch with a B16A will beat a type r integra , lol. your GSR EK coupe does not kick the crap out of K20's , sorry. better get video footage before staking a claim like that.

im noone to talk as many questions as i asked about my car on here but my white 94 integra LS(Personal photo) with no clutch beat a stock type s, i guess it depends on driver?

lol dude , im sure it also depends on if the car was even racing you back , haha. cause ls integras dont beat type s's. neither do gsr's.

i think the ls could win if the driver of the rsx sucked but if it was a decent driver and was trying LS would nnot hold up...but back to topic...

k20a is not a bad swap yes it will cost alot BUT it is a decent swap IMO is it best? yes and no... i like h series better ( less work to get in ) but k20 is alot of power for the money.

never said the LS was stock just said i had no clutch lawl but ya i guess it was the driver"??? it not like i beat him by 2 car lengths or anything it wus a head to head but i wus about a fender ahead of him.... Stock type s vs my mild modified LS lsd tranny,dcheader+5zigen 2.5 pipe, fuelrail/pressure regulator by aem, cold air intake,skunk2 intake manifold,port and polished...... i beat srt 4 turbos with that car short run not the full mile race... 1/4 mile stock srt that is.....

AdamEj6 yes i walked Gsrs like nothing, h22 ludes, nissan 350z stock, infiniti g35stock, turbo eclipse etc the car ran hard....

ha one more edit the type s in the acura rsx body not in a hatchback incase anyof you are confused.....

im noone to talk as many questions as i asked about my car on here but my white 94 integra LS(Personal photo) with no clutch beat a stock type s, i guess it depends on driver?

I call complete BS on this. I did a quick highway run against a type S about a month ago and he pulled me by about a car......and I'm a good driver. I don't know what he had done, but at least an exhaust....(sounded good too). Anyway, the gearing in the RSX-S is one of the big things that makes them so quick, he was shifiting through his gears much faster than me. Anyway, if I can't pull a type-s in my car w/ my setup, then obviously the type-s you raced wasn't racing.

All that said.....Type-S's are slow.......but so is my car.

never said the LS was stock just said i had no clutch lawl but ya i guess it was the driver"??? it not like i beat him by 2 car lengths or anything it wus a head to head but i wus about a fender ahead of him.... Stock type s vs my mild modified LS lsd tranny,dcheader+5zigen 2.5 pipe, fuelrail/pressure regulator by aem, cold air intake,skunk2 intake manifold,port and polished...... i beat srt 4 turbos with that car short run not the full mile race... 1/4 mile stock srt that is.....

AdamEj6 yes i walked Gsrs like nothing, h22 ludes, nissan 350z stock, infiniti g35stock, turbo eclipse etc the car ran hard....

ha one more edit the type s in the acura rsx body not in a hatchback incase anyof you are confused.....

And regarding this....LSD tranny with slipping clutch is worse than a stock LS.....fuel rail/fuel pressure regulator will do little to nothing with your other mods. So the only mods you really have over me is an intake mani, and exhaust piping that's too large for your setup. I still say that he was a horrible driver and if you were closer, I'd give you a run to prove it.

I'd like to see a video to prove this all because I call complete BS. Not trying to start a flame war here, but your mods don't even make sense together. You have I/H/E/intake mani,too big of exhaust and no tune and a bad clutch. Dang.....I so wish you lived closer so I could prove the BS>

lol @ fully built lsvtec beating stock ass ls1 gto.

anyway, i won't troll here.

hung just laid down the law. integra's and type s' are fairly heavy, but all in all the gearing is what puts it ahead of the game.

Call it what you want but i call it how i see it

NO RACING CLUTH ,my clutch wusnt slipping .........

I still vote for a video to prove cause even with a good clutch and LSD, your mods are killing your low end power so you kill any torque advantage you might have had, your gearing is long and sucky unless your boosted. OH well, I guess we'll never know just like all the other internet "claims".

I still vote for a video to prove cause even with a good clutch and LSD, your mods are killing your low end power so you kill any torque advantage you might have had, your gearing is long and sucky unless your boosted. OH well, I guess we'll never know just like all the other internet "claims".

lol i dont carry a video camera everytime i race besides my car is long gone all i have is that one picture but i dont need to prove nothing to noone really unless u guys was there to see me race call it "CLAIMS" if ya want i know what i did but its not cool to argue over the internet so im done with this thread see ya in the next one!(thnx for the info on the glue!)

No problem and not trying to start beef. Just saying that I find it very hard to believe with those mods, but more power too ya. If nothing else....props for schooling it to a bad driver.

no offense taken. some people just dont know how to drive mayb that was it but doesnt matter now,

im not saying your lying bol , but id love to have a go with you with an rsx-s or my EM2 once its K20'd ive been in many GSR's and a few rsx-s's , and i dont think youd win dude , lol. thats like saying , my civic hatch with a B16A will beat a type r integra , lol. your GSR EK coupe does not kick the crap out of K20's , sorry. better get video footage before staking a claim like that.

I understand you want proof cranny like a vid or something, but since my car was stolen it will be hard for that to happen, but instead i can give you all a few facts. I was racing against a bone stock rsx on the freeway.

Now here are some facts about my car vs the rsx.

First off, the rsx was bone stock, my civic was more than slightly modified, and this was on a freeway.

RSX:

-2770lbs

-200 hp

-Stock

My civic

-2500 lbs (give or take 100lbs from carbon fiber hood and the lighter tenzo seats)

-200 hp (give or take 5-10hp)

-Competition street clutch

-Competition aluminum flywheel

-JDM GSR transmission

-Skunk2 intake manifold

-Skunk2 66mm Race throttle body

-Skunk2 titanium adjustable cam gears

-AEM cold air intake for 2000 civic SI

-DC civic SI header 4-2-1

-OEM Type R throttle cable with bracket

-Apex VAFC2 vtec controller

-Full 2.5" aeroturbine exhaust

I also ran consistent 8.4 second 1/8 mile times on steelies. On a 1/4 mile, that would average out to a low 14, easily a high 13 on slicks.

Yeah, a stock gsr motor has 170hp, and I wouldnt have been able to beat an rsx, but with my mods I easily added at least 15-20hp and with the power to weight, its not that hard to believe that I could have won.

Archived