so after all this work...

spike10197

Given Im new to this tuning bit, nut I sure as crap aint new to turnin wrenches.. Sometimes depending on things like climate, type of coolent used, or if the car had sat for a period of time globs of sludge will build up in the water jacks around the cyllinder walls in particular due to the extreme changes in temp.. they have a tendency to break free and travel for a little while only to build up somewhere else.. That would explain any random overheating problems.. The white smoke can often mean that your fuel system is gunked up (very common in higher mile vehicles) and would make the engine run like crap.. So one of the cheapest routes in the process of elimination would be to head to the auto parts store and pick up a bottle of high grade fuel treatment.. Poor half that bitch in your tank with some premium and let the main vacuum line off of your brake booster suck the rest through... It will smoke like hell for a hour or so after doing this but the pay off is usually well worth the smell!!!!

Dont worry about the money thing kid we all been there so dont listen to any put down bullcrap just cause some one on here might have deeper pockets... Hope I helped...

Given Im new to this tuning bit, nut I sure as crap aint new to turnin wrenches.. Sometimes depending on things like climate, type of coolent used, or if the car had sat for a period of time globs of sludge will build up in the water jacks around the cyllinder walls in particular due to the extreme changes in temp.. they have a tendency to break free and travel for a little while only to build up somewhere else.. That would explain any random overheating problems.. The white smoke can often mean that your fuel system is gunked up (very common in higher mile vehicles) and would make the engine run like crap.. So one of the cheapest routes in the process of elimination would be to head to the auto parts store and pick up a bottle of high grade fuel treatment.. Poor half that bitch in your tank with some premium and let the main vacuum line off of your brake booster suck the rest through... It will smoke like hell for a hour or so after doing this but the pay off is usually well worth the smell!!!!

Dont worry about the money thing kid we all been there so dont listen to any put down bullcrap just cause some one on here might have deeper pockets... Hope I helped...

Weren't you having overheating problems on this car a while back? I thought you said you changed the headgasket then? Unless what you changed you thought was the headgasket and it really was the valve cover gasket.

Your words exactly:

old thread about same problem

i fixed everything. i did change the head gasket. wasnt as bad as i thought it would be.

you know what was weird when i was driving to ampm. it started to over heat a little bit. then i turned on the ac wich turns on the fans and it cooled back down to normal.

so there must be something wrong with my fans when i dont have the ac on.

what could it be?

Your problem as self described in the pervious thread is the fans not turning on. Did you remedy that? Continuing to repost the same problems over and over is going to get you nowhere when you aren't heeding the advice given to you. People want to help, it's evident by the number of posts you get, but you have to follow up on some of these little things.

Weren't you having overheating problems on this car a while back? I thought you said you changed the headgasket then? Unless what you changed you thought was the headgasket and it really was the valve cover gasket.

Your words exactly:

old thread about same problem

Your problem as self described in the pervious thread is the fans not turning on. Did you remedy that? Continuing to repost the same problems over and over is going to get you nowhere when you aren't heeding the advice given to you. People want to help, it's evident by the number of posts you get, but you have to follow up on some of these little things.

yeah what i really did change was the VCG.

im sry about the mix up on that one.

i havent changed the HG yet.

im working on collecting money for the HG

Archived