yeah you have to download a program, or pay like $30+ to get a good one. i havent really found a good dvd ripper, but once you have a dvd or movie on your computer, i use videora ipod converter which works really well. i think the dvd ripper i have is called dvdshrink. it works pretty well but it rips the movies in like 3 sections

download the videora ipod converter. open that up. go to setup and pick a folder where you want the video to go. then click on the convert tab. click one click transcode, select the dvd. done

pc or mac?

i don't remember what i used on my pc since it's been a while

mac =

1. mac the ripper (for protected dvds)

2. handbrake - ripper

3. visualhub or isquint - converter

MagicDVD will rip and encode so you can put it on anything, DVD-Rs, iPods, PSPs, etc, etc.

Only problem is is that you only get five uses out of it. Then you have to buy it, or remove it from your comp and download it again :p

looks like handbrake is available for windows too:

http://handbrake.m0k.org/?article=download

you can use that to convert to mpeg4 (ipod) or avi

and it's free

if i have xp which windows one do i use

Windows GUI 2.40

or

Windows CLI (i386 Binary)

if i have xp which windows one do i use

Windows GUI 2.40

or

Windows CLI (i386 Binary)

Please download the GUI version for your platform. The CLI is only suited for advanced users.

I've had no problems with it on my Mac, other than the protected DVD issue (I think Universal's DVDs tend to have this problem). You'd have to find another way around it on a Windows machine, but the HB forums will probably have info on there to help you out.

• 7 months later...
MagicDVD will rip and encode so you can put it on anything, DVD-Rs, iPods, PSPs, etc, etc.

Only problem is is that you only get five uses out of it. Then you have to buy it, or remove it from your comp and download it again :p

hey i just started using this. were you able to get another 5 uses out of it after uninstalling it then starting over?

Archived