New guy seeking mod wisdom... : \

10Foxtrot

I come from an offroading/muscle car background, but have recently developed interest in tuning.. I just nought a 2002 civic EX coupe and through research have come to discover the D17 is a lemon more or less?.. I hear many good things of the K20 mod, but have never been one to really follow suit so to speak and wish to still be able to pass Utah emission laws.. What are my options for making some decent n/a ponies?.. Keep in mind that I am not one much for any type of racing really, just enjoy blasting a canyon road and recreational driving.. Your wisdom is much needed...???? :crazy:

yeah theres really not much for the d17. the k20 mod youre talking about is an engine swap from an rsx. its probably going to cost 5-6 grand to do that though, not sure on how much youre willing to spend. if you just want a little more power, the general intake/header/exhaust will get you a little horse power, but im not sure how common parts are for the d17

yeah theres really not much for the d17. the k20 mod youre talking about is an engine swap from an rsx. its probably going to cost 5-6 grand to do that though, not sure on how much youre willing to spend. if you just want a little more power, the general intake/header/exhaust will get you a little horse power, but im not sure how common parts are for the d17

When it comes to my cars and bikes money is found where money is needed.. ;) If I do and engine and ecu swap though does that prevent the vehicle from being able to pass an obd2 test for emissions.? I nearly went pre 96 for that very reason but the wifey liked this one...

a member on here, cranny, is doing that swap right now actually. he is probably the most, or one of the most, knowledgeable people on this forum so he'll know everything you need if you decide to go this route. heres a thread he started with it

click

true, and you will be able to pass emmissions no problem with that swap as well

That sounds like the ticket then im guessin.. Plus Ima sucker for a good sleeper so not announcing the obvious blow off of forced induction will be an added bonus.. With that swap I will need custom length axles right? If so is there any particular company that offers them?

Archived