fog lights for a 1996-97 Honda Del sol, do they exist? also DRL questi

JTRSOL

Can anyone please tell me if there are JDM fog lights for a 1996-97 Honda del sol. Did they make ones that fit the two air vents added on either side of the mouth on the bumper? if they did can anyone tell me where i can get them.

also

Currently in my del sol i've installed that plug and play HID conversion kit, but one of my ballasts busted as a result of my daytime running lights. My HID kit is still under Warranty so i've just sent that ballast in to get replaced. someone had installed an aftermarket DRL on the car and i want to disable it before i put the HID kit back in. can anyone help me locate the aftermarket DRL module and how to disable the damn thing, what am i looking for under the dash?

hence, why i want the fog lights, to run as my daytime runners.

please someone help me on this

i saw that post about the 600 dollar fog lights. but those are for the 93-95 del sols. i'm looking for something(if it exists) that will cover the vents on a 96-97 front bumper where they added the squarish vents.

Wrong, those fog lights are the 1993-1995 E-EG2 fog lights and are not the only fog lights ever offered for the E-EG2 CR-X del Sol.

The 1996-1997 fog lights were were available for a completely different bumper. If I remember correctly, the del Sol for 1997 had a larger space between the square faux vent thing and the open space in the middle of the bumper, this larger space is where the fog light was added, see below. I remember standing in the Steve Lucas Honda of Jacksonville, FL showroom thinking the (USDM) del Sol looked stupid without the foglights since it then had a huge "blank" area between the faux vents and the center opening on the bumper.

P000251S.jpg

Then there is the Mugen CR-X del Sol Pro.3 kits which took a styling queue from the OEM setup, but integrated the fog light into the bumper design.

pro3_1.jpg

delsol.jpg

p1.jpg

The kit, the fog lights, just two more of those JDM things we all want for our cars.

012-004.gif

007-005.gif

Sorry, but I could not find an aftermarket nor OEM way of adding fog lights to the bumper you have on your car now.

Ok, so those arent the only fog lights that came stock on del Sols, but none of the pics he posted had the other ones. On 96-97 bumpers, they made some that go in the little vents on the lower part of the bumper. Its even hard to find a pic of them. They are way too much. Just get an aftermarket set for a lot cheaper.

wow guys thanks alot for the info.

can anyone one help me out with my other question?

Currently in my del sol i've installed that plug and play HID conversion kit, but one of my ballasts busted as a result of my daytime running lights. My HID kit is still under Warranty so i've just sent that ballast in to get replaced. someone had installed an aftermarket DRL on the car and i want to disable it before i put the HID kit back in. can anyone help me locate the aftermarket DRL module and how to disable the damn thing, what am i looking for under the dash?

hence, why i want the fog lights, to run as my daytime runners.

um should be under the drivers side cluster here are a few pics of what they look like but not sure which u have

open.jpg

relay1.jpg

i also seen a few pics on other cars that have had them under the hood by the fuse cluster there, it all depends on how they installed it i guess, but there should be some wires u can follow or something

i found a similar looking box under the dash but all it says under the label "Mitsuba" is "RELAY ASS'Y MAIN" then it says under that "R Z - 0132". do you guys think this is the aftermarket DRL module. and is it just a matter of unplugging it to disable it? or is there cutting and splicing wires involved? again thanks guys for all the help.

found this while searching like crazy. you guys probably all have seen this.......ALL oem,edm and jdm differences. and i also found out that the 96-97 front bumper had fogs as an option but are super rare.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1518833

Edited by JTRSOL