motor swap

92 SI hatch

ok so im pretty mechanically inclined and have all the tools i would need that i know of...but i have never done a motor swap. would this be something i could tackle in a weekend with a buddy or 2 helpin me out? or would i be in way over my head? i want to take the D16Z6 out of my 92 Si and put in a B18C1 i found a complete swap online from hmotorsonline.com for 3000 plus shipping...have the money i just dont want to get it and be in way the heck over my head. oh and i went to 3 differant shops around here to see about havign them order the motor and install it for me...and that ranged around 4000-4500...and responses would be helpful please

my opinion probably isnt worth much since i dont know anything much about swaps but my friend did a integra swap ls motor into a 95 hatchback he did it easy but it ran like crap i dont know if that has anything to do with the motor itself or his lazy mechanic skills but my opinion go to a shop racing shop that knows what they doing

if you order the complete swap from hmotors it should come with what you need to drop it in your car and since you have an eg si then your already wired for vtec and everything. it should bolt up if they include the stock integra mounts and all your harnesses should plug right in. why pay a shop to do something that you can do or learn to do.

so i looked and the one that was 3000$ was the complete swap said it comes with the half shafts and all that junk...new ecu...stock motor mounts...so it should just bold right up...i would have to change my wiring harness over?? or the swap would come with a new one...cause i can do the mechanical stuff pretty easy...im fairly mechanically inclined...but wiring...heck id get lost if i have to do a lot of it lol...

dont mean to double post sorry..but i forgot to put the link to the swap i was lookin at so here it is...if someone could tell me if thats EVERYTHING i need to do the swap...that would be great. "http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30009" god i feel like such a newb with all these question..but i gotta learn sometime =)

thanks for all the reply's guys i think im gonna go ahead and oreder this beast next week when i have more time to fuss with calling them to place the order and whatnot. and thanks for not burning me down like i have seen happen to some of the other people that have posted. Ill make sure and keep you all updated with pictures and whatnot when i go ahead and put it in. and for sure come back with questions or problems should i run into any during. man...it all starts with a motor swap...i might as well get a second job to keep up with my habbit now ahhaha

Archived