Ecu upgrade question

No. A chipped computer won't make a difference with only those mods. When/if you finally go that route, don't just buy a chipped ecu off the net. Take it to a reputable tuner and have it chipped and tuned. You'll also have to get an OBD-1 ECU and a conversion harness.

Cams. Get a good intake and a nice set of cams, then a tune would be a good investment. I hope you realize that a chip and tune will probably run you about 300-500 though (maybe more). You'll have the cost of the conv. harness, the ecu, chipping services and the tune, plus dyno time (unless you get a street tune)

Cams. Get a good intake and a nice set of cams, then a tune would be a good investment. I hope you realize that a chip and tune will probably run you about 300-500 though (maybe more). You'll have the cost of the conv. harness, the ecu, chipping services and the tune, plus dyno time (unless you get a street tune)

ya i know this stuff isnt cheap but i just dont wanna spend money on things that i dont need. how much does cam installation+tuning for the cams normally run?

OBD1 P28- $100-150

chipping kit- $18

pre-basemapped chip to run your cams or whatever mods you have- $18

now i dont know how inclined you are with soldering , but you can do this yourself if you are. if not , shouldnt cost you much to have someone that can solder put it in for you.

ya my moms boyfriend (LOL) is a mechanic he races a volkswagon bug so he installs everything for me but thanx for the info so basically i been searching for the cams online and price range 300-600 dollers but what stage cams should i go with ??