2000 civic si

I'm going to be buying a 2000 civic si soon, it will be completely bone stock.

For the price range of 1000 - 2000 what is the best turbo system I can get?

I'm going to do a lot more before the turbo, I've read a lot of threads and a lot on websites.

But what do YOU perfer to do before bolting in a turbo?

And which turbo sustem do you perfer for my price range.

Thank you in advance for your input.

FYI: It dosen't have to be street legal the car will most likely be a track car. Please note if the turbo is or is not street legal, thanks.:thumbsup:

Edit: Might I add the car will be an automatic. Go ahead and hate and critique. I perfer auto's over manual. With a really good tune imo if you have two cars one manual and one auto and they have the same ammount of tq and whp the auto would win. so hate all you want.

99-00 Civic SI only came in a manual tranny so I guess that kills your plans.

/thread

Oh, and you are wrong about the auto tranny. Same builds on a honda's manual and auto tranny, the manual will be faster. Honda auto tranny's are weak. Also, a Honda auto tranny would never be able to handle much boost without falling apart.

Torque converters ftl..

As to your question what I would do before I stuck on a turbo I would strip the b16, ERL/Darton sleeves, CP, JE, Wiesco piston Manely or Crower rods ACL bearings, polish the crank, throw it all back together throw in some RC 550cc saturated or top feed your choice, because im assuming your doing a tiny turbo, also a Walboro 255 pump, 66 or 68mm throttle body, BDL STR Golden Eagle fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, P28 or P72 or a P06 with S300 and some nice tuning. Also if it were my car I would never buy a kit simply becuase I HATE log manifolds. Exedy or competition stage 2 or 3 clutch with a fidanza or toda flywheel, and a nasty quaife thrown in there.

99-00 Civic SI only came in a manual tranny so I guess that kills your plans.

/thread

Oh, and you are wrong about the auto tranny. Same builds on a honda's manual and auto tranny, the manual will be faster. Honda auto tranny's are weak. Also, a Honda auto tranny would never be able to handle much boost without falling apart.

wow, really? well thanks for the input. /thread.

Archived