Bumper help?

michael vtec

It's a 90 civic wagon, aftermarket anything is a no unless it's modified to fit.

the og bumper is kinda scratched, dull, etc.

i searched and read a lot. but is there anything like rubbing compound i can try?

any ideas/help is greatly appericated.

HungGSR is the man to talk to dealing with detailing and that type of stuff. he had a couple off good write-ups on here but i guess they never got stickied. yeah a rubbing compound will work and then wax it. if you took a picture of it, it would help so we could see how bad it is with scratches and if it is even fixable. meguires has a lot of good products, hung could tell you right of the bat what to use, but if you go to their website im sure it wont be hard to find out what will work

HungGSR is the man to talk to dealing with detailing and that type of stuff. he had a couple off good write-ups on here but i guess they never got stickied. yeah a rubbing compound will work and then wax it. if you took a picture of it, it would help so we could see how bad it is with scratches and if it is even fixable. meguires has a lot of good products, hung could tell you right of the bat what to use, but if you go to their website im sure it wont be hard to find out what will work

i'll get pics up tomorrow when it's daylight.

figured out the sd slot problem on my computer. it had some dust issues. :sleep2:

and thanks man.

Do not use a rubbing compound by hand unless it specifically says you can. Rubbing compounds are very abbrasive and require the heat of a good buffer to break down the abbrassives and remove the defects. Using this by hand will probably add a lot of scratches and make the finish even worse.

If it's mainly oxidized/faded paint then get Klasse AIO and apply it with some elbow grease (by hand). It might take a couple of passes but it removes oxidation extremely well.

If it's scratches/swirls then your best bet is to invest in a PC7336/7424 buffer, some good pads and polishes and go to town. Optimum Compound and Optimum Polish are really good, user friendly products that have a nice long working time for good defect removal.

(That's right folks, I'm moving away from Meguiars).

Archived