New hatch or Older hatch

JRC07

Im looking into getting a 1992-1996 hatch or a 2002-2004 hatch i was wondering which one would be mor worth it. If i got the older one id prolly do a b18 w/ b16 tranny if i got the newer one id keep the engine most likly and put a Rev hard turbo kit on it.Was also wondering if anyone know the difference in weight and if so is it a big difference

92/95 and 96/00.

Then came 01/04 I believe.

92/95's are light..pretty lame on the inside..

96/00's are heavier..a lot ..cozier, I guess you could say on the inside. At least to me.

Dunno about the EP3's though.

Do not go with an EP3 inless you plan on doing a motor swap, K20A3 is such a junk motor, horrible detuned gas-milage friendly version of K20A2

That's funny because a stock K20A3 with a Rev Hard kit and an FMU (no tune) makes 250whp and 200+wtq at around 7psi. That's basically the same as a kit on a B18 and better than on a B16. People don't give the K20A3 enough credit. Sure it's no K20A2 or K20A, but it's still a decent platform to build on and can handle the boost pretty well.

That's funny because a stock K20A3 with a Rev Hard kit and an FMU (no tune) makes 250whp and 200+wtq at around 7psi. That's basically the same as a kit on a B18 and better than on a B16. People don't give the K20A3 enough credit. Sure it's no K20A2 or K20A, but it's still a decent platform to build on and can handle the boost pretty well.

is that only with the rev kit? any other work? also anyone happen to know the weight differnece or jus post the weight of ur car and year..thanks

92-00.

My 96 DX hatch, full interior, AC, me in it, full size spare (Slipstream with Azenis), 1/4 tank of gas weighed 2,340lbs. Not bad. I weigh 147.

01+ are fat pigs with crapty suspension (nothing can be done to fix that).

Numbers have nothing to do with it the car could make 300 and still be a turd, im just being honest I work on imports all day long and I know whats up with the A3 they are just slow man, the heads dont flow as well ither and they come with a 5sp instead of 6, I could go on all day long. As far as boosting a K motor goes they are great motors, trannies are junk but they can run around 14 pounds fairly safely on bone stock bottom end, I wouldn't push it over that though without sleeves, inless you end up with a K24A2, or even an A4 :rockon: extremly strong stock bottom ends, still a open deck though, but no good without the use of K20 head..

Archived