RESOLVED: something weird

so for some reason, only on HF, the pages wont fully load. well everything loads, but the circle, or whatever keeps spinning like its loading, and at the bottom left corner of my browser where it says what its doing, it just says "Read www.google-analytics.com" anyone else getting this?

Google analytics has been a drain on load times of sites lately. A lot of webmaster use it now to store the statistics of a site, as it does a better job of displaying information than a lot of other statistics systems do. However, as I already said, recently I've noticed it delaying the load of a few sites I frequent.

ok now it still does it, but when i open this thread, it changes from the google thing to "read www.import-tech.net"

this is a mean way of advertising

lol, that's just the browser opening the images in the thread. my sig is on my domain, which is why you're seeing the IT url showing up.

are you on dial up? if not, try restarting your browser, because it shouldn't be delayed enough for you to see everything the browser is reading. google analytics takes a little longer than an image, so that one makes sense.

yeah it did a couple i55photobucket ones in some other threads. i also got a read hondaforums.com one once too.

no im on highspeed. all of the sigs and pictures load almost immediately and everything is here, so im not sure what its waiting on to load

Google analytics has been a drain on load times of sites lately. A lot of webmaster use it now to store the statistics of a site, as it does a better job of displaying information than a lot of other statistics systems do. However, as I already said, recently I've noticed it delaying the load of a few sites I frequent.

Actually it's not Google. Whatever you see in the status bar is the last thing loaded. If you're getting Google, Import-tech, or anything else it means HF is hanging.

Archived