S2000 16" Wheel for 17"

mok

Hello,

As you all know, the 2004 model had many changes on the previous models 2000-2003, major was the wheels jumped from 16" to 17". Now here's the question: If I have the 2002 model which comes with 16" stock, can I put the 17" wheels model of 2004? I'm sure can, but will it affect anything, in other word did Honda enhance the suspension in the 2004 model to support the 17" wheel, or it's just that they put bigger wheels?

Can anyone have a link to the list of changes between the 2004 and previous models. Technical changes not silly ones like glass rear or clock or you know "gadgets".

Thank you,

mok, i also have an 02, the ap1 is smaller than the ap2 in alot of parts, if your looking for performance than i wouldant switch the rim size it will render performance, unless you have a monster living under your hood and you need all the tracton you can get, then yea it wont hurt much, but other than that if it is a daily driver then i wouldant just because u dont know what amout of stress you put on the drivetrain,clutch,or diff. plus who knows if its ganna rub when you turn. if its a weekend thing, then im sure it wont hurt much, its all in how you drive and how much. later...

• 2 years later...
Hello,

As you all know, the 2004 model had many changes on the previous models 2000-2003, major was the wheels jumped from 16" to 17". Now here's the question: If I have the 2002 model which comes with 16" stock, can I put the 17" wheels model of 2004? I'm sure can, but will it affect anything, in other word did Honda enhance the suspension in the 2004 model to support the 17" wheel, or it's just that they put bigger wheels?

Can anyone have a link to the list of changes between the 2004 and previous models. Technical changes not silly ones like glass rear or clock or you know "gadgets".

Thank you,

YES IT WILL FIT AND IT WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BE A PROBLEM. The weight difference will be insignificant thus any "strain" on your tranny will be next to nothing....no troubles will be created by getting the 17''s. Also, the suspension was not changed from ap1 to ap2 as far as the wheels are concerned so no problem there, even if youre taking the car to the track. it is a very monor change and remember the s2k except the change to the (F22C engine and matching tranny) for ap2 has changed very little over the years. So many parts such as the clutch disc are the same part in any year s2k, ap1 or ap2, same part number.

Archived