My new rims, shocks, and coil-overs

well about three days ago i got my car back from altered atmosphere. they put on my Enkei RPM2s 18"x9" ~20lbs, ground control coil-overs @1.5" drop all around, and new KYB shocks.

http://community.webshots.com/user/drone007

the handling is a lot better, rear camber settings are still a bit messed up, but i think it is tolerable. however, the ride quality is pretty crappy right now. every little bump in the road is a huge thud. :) i'm hoping that the springs and shocks just need to get worked in a bit and then it will calm down. i guess that's the price you pay for getting the $320 ground controls and not the 1400 JIC's. :blush:

Sorry to tell you, but with it lowered it is stiffer than stock. That and those 18's will always give you crappy ride. You'll have to keep tightening the top of the struts as everything new settles in. You'll know when to do it by either feeling a vibration or hearing a rattling noise from under the hood.

Those pics might have just changed my mind from the Enkei RPM2's to some gunmetal Volk SE37K's. The RPM2's don't look dark at all.

Sorry to tell you, but with it lowered it is stiffer than stock. That and those 18's will always give you crappy ride. You'll have to keep tightening the top of the struts as everything new settles in. You'll know when to do it by either feeling a vibration or hearing a rattling noise from under the hood.

Those pics might have just changed my mind from the Enkei RPM2's to some gunmetal Volk SE37K's. The RPM2's don't look dark at all.

well not only because it is dropped, but because i'm using ground controls. :( they aren't real coil-overs, but they get the job done i suppose.

as far as the rims being dark, it's pretty cool. they definately change with the light. in the pics they look almost chromy, but in person, they are definately dark looking, with the highlights from sunshine being silver. i really like it.

wow those are pretty nice.. whats the price on dem?

retail i believe the 18x9's are like 320-360 :crazy: but i let the shop order em, and they got em for 270 a piece. not too bad, still expensive, but understandable.

sorry to hijack this thread!! but..

my teins ride beautifully...   :D

speakin of teins..

i cut my springs yesterday.. im thinkin about some coilovers or some good springs.. i dont know what to get.. not much into suspension, help a viet racer out!!

kool!! thanx.. then im gonna have a 1.5inch-front drop and 1.4inch-rear drop.. yea.. im tired of my springs i tourched.. my 89 crx is 3.5inches dropped.. w00t damn!!

did you heat them up and compress them, or did you actually cut them? 3.5 inches! damn! a friend of mine cut his springs and it dropped him about 3-3.5 inches (i lowered mine 1.8 and he's still about an inch or so lower than my car) but he cut his springs so his car rides like crap. its a lot better to just buy springs, rather than cut em.....

I didn't know people still cut their springs. Oh my...that's like the worse thing you can do. Just as bad as those idiots bending control arms...on purpose.

Everyone loves Teins. Can't complain about those....or you can just get some Eibach Sportlines and Koni Yellows/KYB AGXs...

• 1 month later...

so what would you guys go w/, seeing as i am looking to spend only about $600-700? the tein s-tech is what, about 170 a spring, but what coilovers would ya go with? need a decently comfortable ride, but more importantly good handling.... if it helps, i'm in CO sprgs, and too many freaking speedbumps. WE NEED A US AUTOBAHN! :D

Archived