discount tires...

my friend is looking for some new wheels or her 87 lude. we went to the discount tires/americas tires website to use the interactive system to actually see wheels on the car. unfortunatly they did not have 87...but 88...we used that anyway. does anybody know if the largest tire that this website gives you is the largest you can safely put on your car?

what else would we need for the car in order for the bigger wheels? (i.e.-camber kit, springs, etc?)

-Kirkus

so your friend is upgrading her wheels? or are you asking about tires? anyway, i read somewhere that the largest aftermarket wheel youo should get for any car is the max of 2" more than your stock wheel. so for example your stock wheel is 15", you should be fine with 17"s w/o ruining your ride quality. 18's are okay too but you might want to use that only for show or something. i had 18s on my accord and the ride quality was crappy. it was very loud.. my steering wheel would tremble a bit on the freeway too. oh and bigger the wheel = more money spent on buying big tires. good luck and let us know how it goes :)

sorry to hi-jack this thread..

Question::im gonna get some 17s after my body kit.. i was wondering..any suggestions on rims for my 88-89 honda crx dx.. something that looks good and dosent cost much im trying to save as much money that comes with low profiles....

you know, im not those rich bastards like for some on hondaforums.com that i wont mention names..

i was thinking about OEM rims.. but there a lil small, so i plan on gettin 16s-17s most likey 17s but, im all go, no show and i dont know much about the lil things, any suggestions on wheels??that would be great!!

sorry to hi-jack this thread..

Question::im gonna get some 17s after my body kit.. i was wondering..any suggestions on rims for my 88-89 honda crx dx.. something that looks good and dosent cost much im trying to save as much money that comes with low profiles....

you know, im not those rich bastards like for some on hondaforums.com that i wont mention names..

i was thinking about OEM rims.. but there a lil small, so i plan on gettin 16s-17s most likey 17s but, im all go, no show and i dont know much about the lil things, any suggestions on wheels??that would be great!!

I have four Enkei RS5's with Winstar tires (never heard of them before but they are just as sticky as Kumho Ecsta Supra 711's). 16" in silver, less than 300 miles on wheels and tires. I can get pics if you are seriously interested (if not, selling them to my friend in a few weeks).

EDIT: $820 (which is 1-2 bucks less than getting them new, but the tires are already mounted and stuff) plus shipping, includes locking lugs and what not, 4 lug.

Archived