I'm real new.

poke

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you own a '92 Civic chances are it's Captiva Blue Pearl.

i dont care for Camaros or Firebirds, but i like Trans Ams; theyre more rare and beastly. it reminds me of the Knight Rider show, too.

he's right. the Paradise Green Pearl only came on the 1994 Integra, while the 1992 Civic had the Captiva Blue Pearl. here's a link to all Honda/Acura paint codes: http://www.gen5alive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82

what color do you guys think my car is...?

i dont care for Camaros or Firebirds, but i like Trans Ams; theyre more rare and beastly. it reminds me of the Knight Rider show, too.

he's right. the Paradise Green Pearl only came on the 1994 Integra, while the 1992 Civic had the Captiva Blue Pearl. here's a link to all Honda/Acura paint codes: http://www.gen5alive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82

what color do you guys think my car is...?

To me, in girl-speak, it's SHINY OHEMGEEZ BLACK.

Also, my dad finally put my car on CraigsList.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/car/390934465.html

I like how he didn't blur my plate, nametag or bother to put that it's a '92.

Or bother to write how I've spent $1200 of my own money from my minimum wage jobs repairing it.

I'm going to get rreeaammeedd aren't I?

rofl that's not captiva blue.

i dunno what the f*ck that is.

if that car weren't automatic i'd buy it. lol. i have a lotta spare parts i could replace crap parts with.

poke's dad: I thought that I would let someone else have it for thier daughter.

lol, thats some sexist crap right there! no point in blurring the plate really. and nope, it isnt any shade of black at all, but EVERYONE thinks that it is, even in person. here's another angle. it becomes more apparent when you compare it to my license plate.

reara.jpg

rofl that's not captiva blue.

i dunno what the f*ck that is.

if that car weren't automatic i'd buy it. lol. i have a lotta spare parts i could replace crap parts with.

I already told you "craptily Mixed Blue"!

I know, that's what everyone says. "Boohoo, I'd buy it if it were stick" :/ Jk

I'm starting to think it will only get sold if the buyer gets some on the side.

But some guy came up offering to buy it from me when I was sitting in it with my friend and he was like, I'll buy it from you right now and give you ladies a ride home. Then he saw it was an automatic and he was like... "uh, here's my number. I need to think about it."

Like, an hour ago I was driving to Pilot and some guy was all revving his engine and wanting to rice.

Boys. Someday I'm actually going to be one of those people. Racing cars that are obviousy inferior to my own. For now I'll just race bicyclists.

What poke's dad shoulda put was "I surprised her with this car before she got her license. I let the former owner drive it for the months poke was college over the summer since she couldn't drive then I gave it to her when regular school stared. Twelve days later she got a ticket for speeding in a school zone and driving without a license. I laughed because she shoulda slowed her ass down. She got mad because the car I gave my ONLY BEGOTTEN CHILD had no working speedometer. Barely two months later she brake checks some cops after curfew and gets bent over by the KPD. Reckless driving, driving past curfew. BAM. License revokation. I laughed again because the only reason they pulled her over is because they thought the hooptie BELONGED TO DRUG DEALERS."

Thanks dad, I've spent $1200 repairing it and another $300 in tickets, drug screens and numerous traffic schools to keep me out of juvie.

You know the fine for having an illegal unauthorized parade on a city street is only $100?

I think it's worth it.

i'd give you 500 dollars for your car.

Eat me, I spent that much on clothes yesterday.

J/k. I'm hoping honestly my dad will either give it to a friend or swindle some idiot into getting it. After all, he was fooled into getting it in much worse condition than he bought it and paid more to do so.

My favorite story about it though is how there was a black '94 prelude for sale, had a nice body kit [forget which one] nice rims, exhaust, carbonfiber hood, and he almost bought it. Why you ask didn't he? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO TEACH ME TO DRIVE A STICK.

And I wake up every morning pissed about it.

things could be worse. just pay more attention and dont get into an accident. you dont wanna have high insurance rates for 3 or more years of your life like i did. the second of the two i had just came off and my insurance is only $319 for 6 months liability. (both accidents were in stupid SUVs). my insurance almost double when i moved back to Delaware from Kansas, but now it's the cheapest its ever ever been.

my paint color is Nightshade Gray Pearl by the way, a factory color for my year of dark blue with metallic flakes. it was originally black, but i liked my first '94 Accord color so much, i wanted to replicate it. it's like two colors in one, especially at night.

things could be worse. just pay more attention and dont get into an accident. you dont wanna have high insurance rates for 3 or more years of your life like i did. the second of the two i had just came off and my insurance is only $319 for 6 months liability. (both accidents were in stupid SUVs). my insurance almost double when i moved back to Delaware from Kansas, but now it's the cheapest its ever ever been.

my paint color is Nightshade Gray Pearl by the way, a factory color for my year of dark blue with metallic flakes. it was originally black, but i liked my first '94 Accord color so much, i wanted to replicate it. it's like two colors in one, especially at night.

Holy god.

The only thing I've done to hurt my car is hit a car in parking lot. But my fckn class was at 6:30am and I was tired. It was a hit & run, I'm not gonna lie. There is no way I'm paying to fix that BMW. Shoulda bought comp & collision, chump.

It's a beautiful color! In girl-speak it's "LYKE BLACK BUT NOT RELE BLACK YKNOW"?

Harvard Blue? My car color even sounds lame.

Your parent(s) bought you a car. Quit complaining about it. If you didn't want it, then you could have always saved up and bought something on your own.

Your parent(s) bought you a car. Quit complaining about it. If you didn't want it, then you could have always saved up and bought something on your own.

Listen. I'm very sure what you're saying is coming from a good place. but when your astranged father tries to make up for 16 years of not being around by surprising you with a car that needs money thrown at it left and right just to keep it running so you can get to your $4/hr job then I'd bet money you'd be pissed, too. I didn't get to help pick it out, he didn't tell my mom so she could check it out, nothing. It was "Hey, here's my address. I have a sweet sixteen present for you." Too bad it was six months after I turned sixteen because the man doesn't even know my birthday. My mom and I drove it home. Wait, before I even got home, we stopped at the first gas staion to put gas in it because he gave me a car...with no gas. Buy oil and transmission fluid because he didn't even have the decency to put gas/oil/transmission fluid in it and I had to order an oil cap from a Honda dealership that night because by the time I got home, it had none of the new oil I just put in and the f*cking oil cap was gone. Thanks for the money pit, dad. It had one motor mount holding the engine in place, and four DRYROTTED tires. The mechanic I took it to said he was absolutely appalled. Also he amazed I made it there without blowing all four tires. It wouldn't pick up any speed for the longest time, making merging on the interstate the scariest f*cking thing and impossible and I didn't know but I didn't have tailights for at least 3 months. No speedometer, no odometer, no gas gauge, no dashlights. Yeah, driving is fun. Also, the hatch doesn't close and I can't leave anything in my car because you can get right in it. I've already had my clothes and shoes stolen out of it because hey, my work clothes must be pretty f*cking hott for someone to take. I have every right to bitch about it because it's been a curse. I didn't expect to get a brand new car for my first car, I don't ever expect to be handed something. But I also think it's complete bullcrap that my dad praises himself because he bought me a car. No, what he did was buy me a toilet to flush my money down. No, what we expect is that he bought the car from "Misty" (which I found recently it says "I love Misty" scratched into my hood") just so he could f*ck her. If I had known then that I would spend more money on it than he spent buying it I would have refused it. I wish I had saved up, but you know what, at the time, it was great having a way to work. It may not have been reliable (at all) it may have been unsafe, but hey, it got me to my job so I could work to make money to fix it so I could get to work again the next day. And I already mentioned all the legal trouble it's got me in.

Yeah.

So, thanks for the advice.

Now I'm a pissy mood. :/

have you considered therapy? :help:

No, but I think I'll take some Midol...

I'll buy the car, fix it for you and sell it back to you looking very nice.

Maybe if you lived in KnoxVegas, lol.

But thaaaanks.

im 276 miles away from knoxville.

Been there plenty of times.

Oh, really? Wow, awesome. I'm always amazed when people have actually been here.

I didn't think anyone lived close. or 'close'.

Where do you live?

jawjuh

Georgia

my grandparents live in Russelville KY.

1 wrong turn and you'll eventually end up in knoxville.

Jawjuh, that's funny.

I'm going to try and go to Nopi in Atlanta since I missed it in Knoxville this year. You going?

I'm hopeless with directions, so even right turns don't take me where I need. I got lost just on the way to KCJC and ended up in Gatlinburg. I had detailed directions, too. Actually...I always end up somewhere in Sevierville.

Archived