emissions?

ArtyMillz

Did you get your car to pass? Mine didn't pass either and I have until december to get it to pass. I'm going to try and replace my cat, plugs, wires, switch over to OBD1 and if that don't work then i'll start playing with my fuel management. I have it set to stock settings, just adjusted the vtec, but it's been off lately.

You would think changing plugs and wires would be unnecessary, but consider the possibility that fouled plugs could be producing a substandard spark that possibly could leave unburnt hydrocarbons in the exhaust stream and therefore increasing the HC readings.

Your right guythatknowsnothing, but...

“… out of how many failed emission tests that don't have cats on them would the plugs be the bigger issue?”

Are we talking about the same person? FellipeFFB has a catalytic converter already, ArtyMillz that started this thread does not. I was referring to FellipeFFB when I suggested the spark plugs are valid concerns.

“…change the cat then go get the test done. why waste time and money changing stuff that more than likely doesn't need to be changed”

This second part does sound like you are talking about FellipeFFB. What I should have said in addition to what I already said is that some people have more time than money and going from cheap to expensive and easy to hard is usually the way to go (of course in the absence of any strong counter indicating factor).

Taking a second look, I really don’t think FellipeFFB really gave enough information for either of us to make more than a guess at what is really going on with the vehicle.

ArtyMillz’s problem is a no brainer, he needs a catalytic converter; not spark plugs.

swap will pass only if the entire engine is stock, and if you have all emission regulation parts on it. you would also need a cat. test pipes is auto fail.

pay some one a grand, and they will smog illigal for you.. of course if i do it.. and state ref including state BAR finds out, id be fined 100,000 dolaras, plus a jail sentence up to a year, and il lose my smog licence and will never be able to work in the automotive industry.

ever..

Your right guythatknowsnothing, but...

“… out of how many failed emission tests that don't have cats on them would the plugs be the bigger issue?”

Are we talking about the same person? FellipeFFB has a catalytic converter already, ArtyMillz that started this thread does not. I was referring to FellipeFFB when I suggested the spark plugs are valid concerns.

“…change the cat then go get the test done. why waste time and money changing stuff that more than likely doesn't need to be changed”

This second part does sound like you are talking about FellipeFFB. What I should have said in addition to what I already said is that some people have more time than money and going from cheap to expensive and easy to hard is usually the way to go (of course in the absence of any strong counter indicating factor).

Taking a second look, I really don’t think FellipeFFB really gave enough information for either of us to make more than a guess at what is really going on with the vehicle.

ArtyMillz’s problem is a no brainer, he needs a catalytic converter; not spark plugs.

I checked my cat and it's hollow. I didn't notice it before, but when I last looked at it I could see right through it. I ordered a magnaflow cat. I'll put it in this week and take it for emissions next saturday. I'll post the results when I get back

• 2 weeks later...

yea i went back to court today and i have untill september 10th to make it pass or im in trouble....im gonna change the cat and wires since i have them and try pouring some of that emissions stuff into my gas tank

Archived