b16a2 swap into 99 civic ex

99blkcivicb16

The B16 came stock in the 1996-2000 Civic Si. It's gonna be an easy swap.

actually its only 99-00 , 2 years. yes you need the ecu out of a 99-00 civic Si coupe. yes you will need not B16 , but B series period ABS axles. ABS axles have the splines in the wheel ends for the ABS sensor. in order for your A/C to work , youl need A/C brackets off a 99-00 civic Si as well. pretty sure it doubles as an engine mount. im sure your A/C pump will bolt up to B16 brackets but im not 100% on that.

actually its only 99-00 , 2 years. yes you need the ecu out of a 99-00 civic Si coupe. yes you will need not B16 , but B series period ABS axles. ABS axles have the splines in the wheel ends for the ABS sensor. in order for your A/C to work , youl need A/C brackets off a 99-00 civic Si as well. pretty sure it doubles as an engine mount. im sure your A/C pump will bolt up to B16 brackets but im not 100% on that.

ok thanks bro ill work on getting those parts.

ok thanks bro ill work on getting those parts.

B-series a/c brackets do not bolt on to d-series compressors. There are two ways you can go about this, One will cost alot more than the other and pain in the ass.

1.) Your engine should have came with an A/c compressor and bracket attached already to the engine. To get the a/c working you have to discharge your freon, replace dryer,vaccum system and recharge it with r-134a. If you do the pricing. It will cost you more than option 2 will.

2.) head over to a dealer or salvage yard and pick you up a del-sol Dohc V-tec or CR-V A/c bracket. These brackets will save you money and will bolt on to your stock d-series compressor with out discharging you a/c system.

If you have the money To spend, Option 1 is your answer. If you don't like others don't. My choice is option 2.

Hope this helps good luck

B-series a/c brackets do not bolt on to d-series compressors.

2.) head over to a dealer or salvage yard and pick you up a del-sol Dohc V-tec or CR-V A/c bracket. These brackets will save you money and will bolt on to your stock d-series compressor with out discharging you a/c system.

Makes no sense....you contradicted yourself........so, which one buddy?

i dont get it either , your saying D series AC pumps wont bolt to B series brackets , yet you say the solution( #2) is to get B series brackets? lol. hmmmm.

you know what dude , if your swap comes with an AC pump and all brackets , than just disconnect the lines going to the D series pump , which will discharge your R134a , than bolt the lines(hopefully lines are the same) to the B16 AC pump , and get it charged again , its cheap man. you can get cans of R134a and charge it yourself. takes like 25 ounces or somin.

i dont get it either , your saying D series AC pumps wont bolt to B series brackets , yet you say the solution( #2) is to get B series brackets? lol. hmmmm.

you know what dude , if your swap comes with an AC pump and all brackets , than just disconnect the lines going to the D series pump , which will discharge your R134a , than bolt the lines(hopefully lines are the same) to the B16 AC pump , and get it charged again , its cheap man. you can get cans of R134a and charge it yourself. takes like 25 ounces or somin.

Yes The del-sol V-tec and the CR-V brackets are b-series. 96-97 Del-sol vtec,99-00 si, and 94-01 intergra ls,gs and gsr have the same A/C brackets. Exclude 90-93 integras because they don't have the engine mount support thing. 94-95 del-sol Vtec came out with an entirely different bracket as did the 97-01 CR-V to use the d-series compressor. I know this because i did the research and Im running a CR-V bracket to retain my a/c in my civic. If you have time to compare the d-series bracket to your b-series bracket you will see the difference. It sure beats discharging then charging ac and hope lines bolt on to the b-series compressor.

Yes The del-sol V-tec and the CR-V brackets are b-series. 96-97 Del-sol vtec,99-00 si, and 94-01 intergra ls,gs and gsr have the same A/C brackets. Exclude 90-93 integras because they don't have the engine mount support thing. 94-95 del-sol Vtec came out with an entirely different bracket as did the 97-01 CR-V to use the d-series compressor. I know this because i did the research and Im running a CR-V bracket to retain my a/c in my civic. If you have time to compare the d-series bracket to your b-series bracket you will see the difference. It sure beats discharging then charging ac and hope lines bolt on to the b-series compressor.

so your sayin all i need is the a/c brackets off a 97-01 crv or 94-95 bracket and it will hook up to my bseries compressor? or i can use my d series compressor?

so your sayin all i need is the a/c brackets off a 97-01 crv or 94-95 bracket and it will hook up to my bseries compressor? or i can use my d series compressor?

Use the cr-v bracket because you can find it easier than the del-sol Vtec. It will bolt on to your d-series compressor. You will not have to discharge your a/c system. All you have to do when swaping engines is unbolt compressor from the d-series engine. Tie strap the compressor to the side. Say goodbye to the d-series engine and yank it out. Intall b-series engine and bolt on the cr-v a/c bracket. Unstrap compressor, bolt it on to the cr-v bracket. and your done. So just junk the b-series compressor and the bracket it came with and you will not have to get freon all over the place.

Archived