My new jams

Spent the last two evenings installing my new stuff that I ordered recently. Blackout vinyl (from eBay) for the tails, short shifter, shifter bushings, and a new Skunk2 shift knob, and an eBay CAI with a legit AEM filter (painted blue anodized).

SANY0020.jpg

SANY0021-1.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

(Please ignore the black tape right next to the bypass valve -- I just ran out of rubber connecters and haven't gotten over to Pep Boys to get one yet.)

And my hula girl that I've had in there a few weeks. She is actually topless now because the wind blew her top off. No lie.

SANY0022.jpg

Nice rear tint,... Just the right amount of candy black smoke.... Not too dark, not too light. Just nice.

I love that interior too. Maybe you should get some titanium tipped exhaust bro..

i might be kinda noobish in asking this. but where the hell does a stereo system (specifically head unit) go in a del sol. i dont see any place for it what so ever.

Repsol Posted Today, 04:47 PM

Your carpet is so dirty, and your seats are stained and have a couple cigarette burns in them.

I hope this is a joke, cuz we're about to throw down over that...

rbolander Posted Today, 05:00 PM

i might be kinda noobish in asking this. but where the hell does a stereo system (specifically head unit) go in a del sol. i dont see any place for it what so ever.

Yeah, the little hidden stereo thing is like my favorite part of the del Sol's interior. You seriously need to get one, man. Then you too will know the joys of hiding your stereo every time you park in ShadyTown USA.

EH6TunerDaniel Posted Today, 02:43 PM

Dude!!! Where did you get that hula girl!?!?!?!?!?

I've had her forever, since one of my trips to Hawaii, actually. I finally decided to put her in my car a month ago since the little tray back there is pretty useless. Her hips move like a bobble head with the car.

By the way, I'm lovin' the way my car sounds, feels, and shifts right now. Everything is juuuust right. For now...

It was kinda tricky. Took me about an hour and a half for them both, and they're far from perfect. They look great from 5-8+ feet away -- you can't see the bubbles or creases. I feel like now that I've done it once I could do it without leaving any creases or bubbles at all, it would just take time. If you want, I'll post up my recommendations on how to do it in the thread I made about tail tinting.

Yeah I was kidding Lol. I was kind of relating to my car. My carpet's dirty, driver seat has a tear in it and cigarette burns on there from previous owner. :( My seats are stained because of the f*cking leak.

Yeah, the little hidden stereo thing is like my favorite part of the del Sol's interior. You seriously need to get one, man. Then you too will know the joys of hiding your stereo every time you park in ShadyTown USA.

id love to get one. I think it would be fun. I would do so much to that car.

By the way, I'm lovin' the way my car sounds, feels, and shifts right now. Everything is juuuust right. For now...

now imagine it with an aeroturbine exhaust.....

and now with a b18c1 motor and aeroturbine exhaust :thumbsup:

sorry, i couldnt resist. o:)

Yeah, that would be nice, robotlander. I just ain't got that kind of cash and I'm happy with the D16Z6 anyway. Prolly won't swap it unless it's out of necessity.

The aero turbine exhaust is gonna go on there with 2.5" SMSP piping (w/hi-flow cat) and a Bisimoto 4-2-1 header. Eventually.

As another side note, my shifter makes a very slight rattling noise very infrequently now. I went back under there and retightened everything and relubed. I thought I heard it again but fainter. There was one bolt I couldn't tighten that held on the metal plate over the dust shield that I couldn't get at, but I remember tightening that as much as I could when I was reassembling the shifter. Dunno what's causing it but since I'm a perfectionist this is annoying.

i do have to warn you. the aeroturbine is loud, but in a good way. you can feel and definitely hear it resonate inside the car. its extremely sexy.

you said it was an ebay short shifter correct? you might as well have sawed 2.5" off your stock shifter to make it a short shifter.

i think skunk2 has an inexpensive one.

The shifter is a B&M with Energy Suspension Bushings. I mostly fixed it -- think it's that one bolt I couldn't get to without taking things apart again. I'll deal with it later when I have access to a better jack. It's all but silent.

By the way, this one oddly sits about 1/4-1/2" higher than my stock, but makes my shifts shorter.

I had spray tint on my last sol's set of tails. It looked fine but didn't last. This looks way better and will prolly last longer. And in retrospect I'd say this is easier since you don't have to remove the tails to properly paint them or anything.

Archived