Carbon Fiber

Kastigir

Looking at purchasing a hood for my Talon in the near future. I've heard some different brands, and the ones that stand out in my memory are Seibon, and VIS. Of the 2 which is the better company?

Comparable. As with any of the main US manufacturers (Vis, Seibon, Fiber Images, etc), the quality and fitment will vary per hood.

I love the look of carbon fiber but trust me, do not waste your money.

I have tried both Seibon and VIS. Maintained the parts regularly and they still oxidized on me. The hood will look noce for a couple of years at best.

I know most people will disregard my input and buy carbon fiber anway. So my advice for you to keep your stock components as they will come in handy economically and aesthetically in the near future.

or just repaint it later on. by then you'll probably be sick of th cf look anyway.

JDMGSR, do you have your car parked outside a lot of the day? I wonder if the parts will still yellow eventually even if not exposed to uv rays very much.

or just repaint it later on. by then you'll probably be sick of th cf look anyway.

JDMGSR, do you have your car parked outside a lot of the day? I wonder if the parts will still yellow eventually even if not exposed to uv rays very much.

Yeah it's outside all day. CF would last longer but still, damage is inevitable.

• 3 weeks later...

It's the build quality.

I've seen some cheap ass CF hoods that had really big weave patterns wheras other, more expensive products had much tighter weaving.

Clearcoating is probably the best thing to do to any CF product you get.

I say just skip the CF. It is a hassle and if you leave it uncleared it will turn to crap, and if you leave it unpainted it will just make your car a target for thieves.

revive it! save it!

besides, if we post in it some more maybe we can get good ole' kastigar to post a little more often since it is his thread.

its not that old, just two weeks :blush:

I could post again, but why? I have my answers. Crap...I already posted. Guess I could ask, since my Celica has the pop-up headlights, what do you do about that is you were to buy a CF hood?

• 5 weeks later...

No offense, but Carbon Fiber anything is a waste of money. The only time i'd recommend CF items is when you're trying to make your car lighter. Once your CF crap starts going, it's really hard to buff out a lot of the damage, most people tend to take there cars for granted instead of a good buff and wax like they should.

If you haven't yet, don't waste your money. Put it towards something a little more useful.:pirate:

No offense, but Carbon Fiber anything is a waste of money. The only time i'd recommend CF items is when you're trying to make your car lighter. Once your CF crap starts going, it's really hard to buff out a lot of the damage, most people tend to take there cars for granted instead of a good buff and wax like they should.

If you haven't yet, don't waste your money. Put it towards something a little more useful.:pirate:

yeah i agree with you, but some people like the look of cf hoods. i hated them at first because it looked like your hood got messed up and you picked up one at the junkyard and didnt paint it yet. but eventually the look grew on me. some cars look good with them. also if you sand it down and put a clear coat on it, like hungGSR did, you can treat it just like paint.

Technically, everything we spend on our cars could be spent in better ways, but that is another argument altogether. I, for one, like the hood on your car. If my car actually ran correctly and I wasn't dumping cash into it mechanically I would pick up a cf hood for it. Provided the ride isn't already faggoted up like a 12 year old girls notebook, a cf hood is very tasteful and stylish.

• 2 months later...

im know this thread is dead and already been brought back once but i have a question for hung. im looking 2 lighten up my car as much as possible without stripping the thing to peices. what did you do to ur hood to keep it looking new? and why cant you buff the hood the way it comes like once or twice amonth like i already do to my car?

Archived