Struts ? When to Change?

djm1k0

hey everyone i'm hoping you can give me some help. my g/f has a 2001 Civic Lx 4 door.

Can someone let me know at what mileage the struts should be changed. the car curretly has 110K miles on it.

The car seems to float and not really stick to the road. Just recently had 4 new tires put on balanced and aligned. It just seems that the car is very floaty while driving on the highway. Going around turns and such. So i was thinking that the struts may need to be changed. Don't know what else if anything should be replaced at the same time like CV joints or anything like that.

Can somone give me some ideas as to what should be done.

thanks for the help !!

The struts really only need to be changed if they are blown, check and see how much the front end drops down when you slam on the brakes. It if drops way down and then rocks back and for rather than just settling, they need to be changed.

thanks for the reply appreciate it !!. Do you know if anything else in the suspension should be repalced that may be causing the symptoms below ?

The struts really only need to be changed if they are blown, check and see how much the front end drops down when you slam on the brakes. It if drops way down and then rocks back and for rather than just settling, they need to be changed.

Archived