How Much R134a in a 93 1.5 ?

spanky2151

Hi i just had a friend vacume out my ac because it had R12 in it and was not cooling any longer. But we did not remember how much pressure was in there. :rant: I need to know how many pounds of pressure of R134a to put in the old R12 System. The car has a 1.5 in it if that helps or makes a difference.

Thanks

Hi i just had a friend vacume out my ac because it had R12 in it and was not cooling any longer. But we did not remember how much pressure was in there. :rant: I need to know how many pounds of pressure of R134a to put in the old R12 System. The car has a 1.5 in it if that helps or makes a difference.

Thanks

Look under your hood. There should be a label for the A/C. The ounces of refrigerant will be listed on it. Off hand I'd say 14-16 ounces.

Thank you SIt says 21Oz min. 23oz Max so ya 16Oz would be about right but at what pressure? and the cans i have are 12 Oz Cans do the sell 16 oz cans? Thank You so Very much for the reply. :thumbup:

Thank you SIt says 21Oz min. 23oz Max so ya 16Oz would be about right but at what pressure? and the cans i have are 12 Oz Cans do the sell 16 oz cans? Thank You so Very much for the reply. :thumbup:

Then you must put in 21-23 ounces. There are places that sell 16 ounce cans, but you'd probably be better off picking up two 12 ounce cans and throwing them in there. You won't get a full 12 ounces out of each can.

Glad I could help. I had to do this in my Civic last year when I converted to 134a. It all leaked out after the summer, and now it won't hold any refrigerant for even 12 hours. I just don't drive it when it's extremely hot outside.

You need to retrofit your service ports and make sure all of the r12 is out of the system and refill with 134a refrigerent, maybe some small other things.

You need to retrofit your service ports and make sure all of the r12 is out of the system and refill with 134a refrigerent, maybe some small other things.

Yes. Most auto parts stores will sell the conversion kit. You then need to run your car to a shop that does A/C work and have them evacuate the system. Hook up the new canister, open valve and start the engine with the A/C on. Eventually the A/C unit will turn on once it has enough pressure, about 12 ounces or so.

Archived