HELP! My car dies!

scotch_taped

For the last few days my car has been acting up... I have a 1999 Honda Accord EXL automatic 4dr sendan. This is what happens : I'm driving down the road, I break to slow down to take a turn or stop at a sign or light, and my car just DIES. it revs REALLY low, the battery light comes on, the maitenance required light starts flashing and it just dies. It starts right back up no problem. This happens when I'm going across a parking lot also, it seems if I go less than 10 mph it dies. When I feel it start dying I put it in neutral and push the gas but that doesn't do anything at all. My husband took the battery out overnight hoping it would reset any electrical corruptions but that has just made it worst. I can't even go 500 feet without it dying now. I know what you're thinking, no, the AC isn't on, the electrical components have never been tampered, it has the original head unit and all. We usually do all of our own mechanic work but we have always owned 92-93 models and know them inside out. I have just recently bought this '99 and we're ready to take it in to the dealership because we're stumped. Anybody has any suggestions on what it could be

For the last few days my car has been acting up... I have a 1999 Honda Accord EXL automatic 4dr sendan. This is what happens : I'm driving down the road, I break to slow down to take a turn or stop at a sign or light, and my car just DIES. it revs REALLY low, the battery light comes on, the maitenance required light starts flashing and it just dies. It starts right back up no problem. This happens when I'm going across a parking lot also, it seems if I go less than 10 mph it dies. When I feel it start dying I put it in neutral and push the gas but that doesn't do anything at all. My husband took the battery out overnight hoping it would reset any electrical corruptions but that has just made it worst. I can't even go 500 feet without it dying now. I know what you're thinking, no, the AC isn't on, the electrical components have never been tampered, it has the original head unit and all. We usually do all of our own mechanic work but we have always owned 92-93 models and know them inside out. I have just recently bought this '99 and we're ready to take it in to the dealership because we're stumped. Anybody has any suggestions on what it could be

The car is telling you what is wrong, You're just not listening to it. Find out what code the CEL is throwing.

Inside and out huh? You don't even know how to check the CEL codes...I am done with this thread. Someone else will help you.

you get the codes the same way as the ones you know inside and out , lol , cross the blue 2 pin connector under passenger side kick panel. count the engine light flashes.

i meant that when something is wrong, we can figure out what the problem is. My father in law and my husband do all of the actual work. Thanks for being a spoiled snooty brat. but no thanks.

edit: That wasn't meant for you Cranny. sorry...

Archived