Idle Air Control Valve

CivicDrvr2

Hi, I have a 2000 Civic EX. It recently has started reving while Idling and while driving. From my searches on this forum I believe the problem to be the Idle Air Control Valve. My question is, is this something that I can swap out, or is it something I need to bring to a mechanic.?

under your throttle body , theres a valve(FITV). theres 2 screws holding a cover on it , once the cover is off youl see a white plastic screw. tighgten that screw back in , put it together again , should fix it.

under your throttle body , theres a valve(FITV). theres 2 screws holding a cover on it , once the cover is off youl see a white plastic screw. tighgten that screw back in , put it together again , should fix it.

Thanks, I'll give that try.

I had a problem with my IAC, called civic pride (wont mean anything to most) they told me to take it apart and clean it. I took it apart, cleaned it with combustion cleaner and a small pick. Fixed my problem and saved me $400 bucks.

Cranny, you seem to know alot about these civics, since I am new to the imports and we live in the same city. Is there an email that I may be able to contact you with instead of hunting you down on here?

Thanks

crandog@hotmail.com. you need anything fixed man , come see me.

lol@civic pride , dont ever let them touch your car dude , they are good to buy parts from , but thats it.

Archived