NEED TRANNY HELP

This morning on my way into work I stopped at a stop light. I was in 5th coming up to the stop light and went to shift into 3rd. A really uncool thing happened, my shifter acted like it was compeatly unattached. So I had to slip the crap outa the clutch in order to get the thing moving so I could park it in a parking lot (because the damn thing is still in 5th). I think what the problem is is the bolt that connects the shifter into the linkage is gone? The only tranny mod i have is a short shift that I installed about 6-7 months ago. Help me PLZ!!! thanks

hmm well sounds like something came off in ur linkage probley from ur short shift to the rod because its unlikey it came off the transmission unless its missing the roll pin there but i doubt it because those just dont slip out lol, id definatly check the connection from ur short shift to the rod

Check the clutch fluid first.

If that is good then jack up the car and make sure the 12mm bolt and washer are connecting the SL to the tranny. Also make sure all the bolts are still there from your recent install of the short shifter undre the cab.

Other than that it could be the bitch pin that fell out, but I seriously doubt that.

If that is good then jack up the car and make sure the 12mm bolt and washer are connecting the SL to the tranny. Also make sure all the bolts are still there from your recent install of the short shifter undre the cab.

Other than that it could be the bitch pin that fell out, but I seriously doubt that.

There isnt a bolt and washer connecting the SL to the tranny its just a roll pin and a useless thin metal clip that goes around it then a rubber sleeve, ur thinking the stablizer bar that is next to the linkage that has a 12 mm bolt in it, but ur problem is most definatelly the connection to short shift and SL :thumbsup:

edit: Check the Clutch Fluid.... wtf makes no sence!

This is really what happened. The part of the shift linkage that connects to the tranny in front. That came unattaced due to some really small pin. The pin was actually sitting in the rubber boot. Worked well for me becuase it only costed me about an hour worth of time between having some pick me up from the parking lot and reinstalling the pin. Has anyone ealse had this problem? BTW thanks to all of you who responded so quickly.

wow that really surprizes me that pin was a pain to get out even with a punch when i was replacin my clutch, someone must have worked on it before and put the wrong pin in or something

I have never heard of that happening. Those things are jammed in there really fuqin tight, that's why I call it the bitch pin. After you do it a few times you get the hang of it though.

that is strange , usually they are bastards. i finished a mini me swap last nite(will post pics soon guys) , and the pin holding his linkage came out pretty easily , but usually they dont.

Archived