swap

joe_112786

ok i have a 1991 4 speed civic hatch......my friend gonna give me his 1989,with a 1991 si motor an 5 spd tranny..but the body is garbage...so i wanna do a swap wat do i need to do ? do ineed the wireing harness out of the si? could ne one help if i need to do nething else thxs

Theres a million things those two will suggest to you, they're both civic geniuses. haha. I hate how everyone asks that question, and never gives a budget, or a price range, assuming you're driving a 91, you probably dont have thousands to blow. Start off small, exhaust, header, intake.... the easy things.

Edited by Kelkou

haha thanks busted. haha. Im lookin to get nancy to advise me on my swap :) haha. so. not to change subjects mid thread, and i know i should start a new one but itd be a waste, i just pulled apart my z6, ill take some good pics of the pistons tomorrow, prepare to be amazed, if you can imagine a crapty honda engine (metal flakes, and tons of buildup on top the pistons) this is it. :o Im so happy im getting a b16 SiR II --assuming my aunt goes for this 4000 student loan.

well i make 600 a week =/ so ill b doing this stuff weekly lol...but i already got cold air intake strute bar,2.5 full exuhust ,umm bosh ignition wires, ... does ne one know were i can find a cheap ls motor an tranny ?

actually if you are goin to swap the motor you will need to do a bit of wiring, you are setup with dpfi, the 91 si motor (d16a6) is mpfi so you gotta switch some wires around that go to the ecu and you will need a resistor box also. cant belive you guys missed that.