Interference in subs

Joe W

Ok so a few weeks ago I put my subs back in 2 Kicker Comp 10s. The problem is that when I turn on my radio/cd player the subs work as they are supposed to, except I can hear engine/exhaust through the subs. I dont understand why this is happening because even with the volume to 0 the sound still comes through the subs, i know its engine/exhaust because it gets louder the higher my rpms get. Im at a loss for what to do I tried putting a filter on my radio but that didnt help at all.

Please help guys/ gals.

make sure your power wire isnt laying up against your RCA's. make sure you have a good ground on your amp and deck.

To add, isolators won't do crap if your system fails the basic installation principles. Engine noise through just your subs points to a bad ground on that amp.

Cranny- RCAs are on the opposite side of the power wire so cant be that.

Kastigir- Ill have to check that out, I had thought about the ground but figured since they worked the ground was fine.

My thoughts too, Im only running about 500w rms (2 subs and 4 speakers), but that may be too much for the stock alt which has never been replaced since 89.

Also CHEAP ass rca cables will cause this and the power wire being to close to the rca wires but a lot of it deals with low quality stuff, i ran my 0/1 guage wire right about 4 inch's away from my 3 sets of rca cables and no interference at all no altinator noise, quick fix is to seperate them more or but higher quality stuff

a friend of mine had the same problem in his celica a while back and he ran a some type of digital filter don't remeber what the hell it's call but it fixed his problem.

Hdelsol95- I dont have cheap rca cables and they are run opposite of my power wire.

Digital filter my dad mentioned something about that. Anyone know what exactly I need to look for and an approx. cost.

What brand RCA's do you have?

Also, it doesn't matter if power wire and RCA's are on the same side. I've done that before in two vehicles and have never had any problems. Check your ground as someone else mentioned. Make sure you scratch off any paint and make sure its secure and bare metal on the chassis.

I have Rockford Fosgate rca's, and my ground is on bare metal with a 9/16 bolt.

I know it doesnt matter if the power and rca are on the same side that is just how mine is run.

Do you know anything about digital filters mentioned above?

I have Rockford Fosgate rca's, and my ground is on bare metal with a 9/16 bolt.

I know it doesnt matter if the power and rca are on the same side that is just how mine is run.

Do you know anything about digital filters mentioned above?

I don't know much about them really. Not sure if you have a myspace, but if you do you can join the group at this link and ask the question (http://groups.myspace.com/CarAudioRespek) and/or you can post it on www.caraudiojunkyard.com/forum. Someone at one of those two places should be able to help you troubleshoot and solve the problem.

lol rockford is JUNK! cheap best buy crap! thats all it is if you want try seperating them and should solve your problem also a low pass filter will also solve the problem

edit: double posted

Archived