Future Civic Owner

misslovell

I need help! I'm new to the place... I am starting to research today about Honda Civics. I need a reliable daily driver car that my bf or dad can work on. I have lots of questions..

Are there lots of problems with these cars?

If so, what are the most common problems?

How's your insurance/mo on a civic?

How do you like your civic?

What year is your car, what year is the best year?

What's the difference between all the civic models?

And I think that's all the questions I have for now...

I'm looking for a 2000 or older probably.

I need help! I'm new to the place... I am starting to research today about Honda Civics. I need a reliable daily driver car that my bf or dad can work on. I have lots of questions..

well i would go with a 6th gen then. thats the 96-2000 model and are the best looking imo, other than the new si's. go with an SI, they have a stronger engine. they aren't known for any problems. i wouldn't recomend getting one that already been heavily modified because you never know if the person did it right. they are great on gas. the only complaint i have on my car is it doesn't have enough torque for going up long hills in the high desert heat, and the AC on them isn't very good, but its the ex so doesn't have the nicer motor. other than that i have no other complaints.

Honda, toyota and Nissan are some of the most reliable cars on the market. Honda's on the top of the list IMO.

They hold their value if you decide to sell it.

Insurance is reatively low, depending on your driving record and model of car. I.e. honda civic dx is cheaper than an SI.

I love Hondas.

The difference in the models is the motor, trim and options. i.e. power door locks ect.

Here are a few points i'd like to make.....

1. CIVICS ARE EXTREMELY RELIABLE!!!

2. They run forever

3. They have great fuel economy

4. I love my civic to death.....I wouldn't trade it for anything....it just needs a little work....lol.

5. I have a 1996 Civic EX.....it's a four door and I believe that this is one of the best civic's ever made.....but maybe that's just me.

6. You would want to go for the EX trim level or an Si because they have more base hp and a nicer interior.

7. I find my civic very easy to work on.......and....another benefit of having an older civic is that the parts are slightly cheaper.

First of all, welcome to HF.

I had a 1997 honda civic, and i loved it. I think that the 96-00 generation of civics looked the best. But thats just my opinion.

All hondas/acuras are extremely reliable. they get good gas mileage and last forever.

Archived