Which shift knob?

TS John

So I'm treating myself to a B&M short shifter:

bm_45075.jpg

(http://www.racingworks.com/bm_short_shifter_civic.htm)

and a new shift knob too. Since everything in my interior will eventually be black or grey, I want the shift knob to be the one thing that stands out.

Here's what I came up with:

4293_1_b.JPG

(eBay Link)

or

c967_1_b.JPG

(eBay Link)

I guess I'm also open to suggestions, even about the short shifter, though I'm pretty sure that's the one I want, especially at that price. Late edit: If you do suggest something could you please post a picture?

One final question, does anyone know if spending the extra 20 bucks for firmer shifter bushings from DSTuning would be worthwhile?

Thanks, folks.

That actually wouldn't be so bad if I could powdercoat it white...

How much?

Still, I do really like the RAZO...

they are 135 new, ill let it go for 75. lemme know.

Yeah, that plus powdercoating would mean too much for me right now. And since it's not really a ball and more of a weird shape it's not what I'm looking for.

Well, shift knobs aren't worth much to me (which is why I'm looking on eBay to begin with) so don't get offended if this is low, but I'd say 25 shipped, given its used condition. How's that sound?

Done then. I will paypal you the money riiiiight now.

Before I go and order my short shifter and all, anyone know about the firmer shifter bushing? I'll prolly get it anyway if no one does since honda shifters always vibrate too much but I figure it's good to get input anyway.

Dang it, I just ordered from the link I posted and after that noticed that they do have that exact shifter on dST for cheaper, and that plus the bushings amounts to less than the shifter from the other site. Hopefully I can cancel my order there but we'll see.

Getting poly bushings for the shifter is good. Stiffened up my shifter a lot and made everything feel more solid. On the other hand, they don't really last all that great IMO. I've needed to replace mine for awhile. I'd say they'd need replacing every 4 years or so.

Thanks for the info, Hung. I'm not too worried about replacing it every 4 years since it's cheap enough, especially if it helps stiffen it up nicely.

RacingWorks is refunding my money already (great service -- just a bit of expensive shipping) and I'm getting the short shifter and the bushings shipped from dST for $62.

Archived