i need some advice..

hondafreak17

ok im thinking about buying an H22 for my 93 del sol s. does anyone know how much i should expect for an instal and what does everyone think about it?? yes or no for the swap. and if i get the motor does anyone know if i have to get the tranny or if my stock tranny will fit it??

a full h22 swap will cost about $2000 just for the motor, axles, tranny, ect.

for labor at a shop, be expecting at least $1500-$2000 extra, if not more. you need the h22 tranny, and dont forget the axles. also, you will need motor and tranny mounts. its a worthy swap. 200hp is nothing to frown at. you might need a conversion harness depending on the year your del sol is and the year the h22 is from.

i say go for it.

or get a gsr swap. =)

hmm cuz i found an H22 with tranny for 700 shiped i just dont have tons of money to poor into my car for the swap right now.. im taking it to a professional shop for the install they are just closed till the 12th and im just trying to find out a ball park estimate so i can decide if i can afford it or not.

really so you think if i provide the motor it should be about 1200 for the swap? what about the axles?? do i have to buy some for h22 or would i be able to keep the ones in the car now?? haha ya the hood scoop would be good for making ppl think less of the car till i push the pedal to the floor.

youl have to convert the car for a cable shifter. you need the whole shifter assembly out of a prelude. most of the rest should come with the swap , besides mounts.

Expect to pay about 6k when all is said and done, if you want it done right and won't do any of it yourself.

Hope to pay about 4k. If everything breaks right.

You gonna buy those stock corners from me ever, man?

price all depends on the shop that you go to, and the part of the country you live in. Out here in california, its expensive, but you know its done right.

really 4k? wow hmm not the kind of money i got right now.. :( and ya im goin to buy the corners im goin to call the bank and find out why the money hasnt been transfered to the paypal yet and hopefully i can send ya the money today. sorry its taking so long

You can pick up motors from Hmotoronline.com but I'd go with a B-series swap since it'll fit ALOT easier than the H22 would.

I helped swap an h22 into a 2000 civic EX. The axles were a biatch. We needed different axles for each side. I beleive we also had to swap the male knuckle on one of the axles too. I don't remember what year car they came off of though. Make sure and have a shop do it.

I didn't mean 4k - 6k just install, I meant after all is said and done and you're driving it around town enjoying all that torque.

If you ask me, that's worth it to get basically a twice-as-good engine into your sol without you having to lift a finger, but what's the fun in that? I'd rather be wrenching...

Or you could just get the longblock ($1000), keep your D series tranny (much better than the H trans), keep your stock axles, get the H2D adapter, and save a lot and a lot of money.

Then, you'll have the same trans, without having to convert to a crappy cable trans.

Lots of info in this thread is way wrong. All you need is mounts, longblock, adapter, alternator relocator and ECU.

Or you could just get the longblock ($1000), keep your D series tranny (much better than the H trans), keep your stock axles, get the H2D adapter, and save a lot and a lot of money.

Then, you'll have the same trans, without having to convert to a crappy cable trans.

Lots of info in this thread is way wrong. All you need is mounts, longblock, adapter, alternator relocator and ECU.

What's the longblock?

o ok cool thanks u guys are lots of help. the shop finally opens back up tomorrow the guys are coming back from their break so ill finally know the actual price ill tell u all how much so u know for the future incase u think about doing it too.

longblock is fully assembled block with head

shortblock is fully assembled block with no head

I meant what motor specifically was solles refering to?

He says to keep the D series transmission so I was curious as to what motor he was talking about.

Ok...after I re-read it....that's what I thought he meant. I had never heard of the H2D adapter. Now that's got me rethinking the possibilities of an H22 swap. I was leaning towards the B20Z motor out of a CRV and maybe doing the CRVTEC.

For an H22 swap I keep reading that the motor is a lot heavier and you need to redo the suspension to handle the extra weight....and since the front is so much more heavier than the rear you gotta do something else too (can't remember what) Not sure how much is fact/fiction.

its not that much heavier. one of these guys will know the exact weight off the top of their head. relocate the battery to the trunk and pull the whole ac system and you just negated the weight difference of the motor

Archived