carbom buildup

90CRex

i think my 95 hatch is running fine, i dont notice anything wrong. but i have a lot of carbon on my rear bumper, tailgate and window. i kno with an exhaust you'll get some but its turnin my whole rear end black...and i have a white car! any idea what it culd be? sometimes i do get a code for my oxygen sensor..cel flashes once....but it doesnt happen often

yea, ecu has been reset. i have 2.5 catback and the tip is 4 inch i believe. dont flame too hard its x3 racing xtune exhaust....was in need of exhaust to get it tagged asap

if you are driving more aggressively that can cause excessive carbon as well.

if your fuel mileage hasn't been impacted greatly I would just resign yourself to washing the car more often. if as you say the o2 sensor(s), exhaust, cat and ecu are all in good working condition I don't think there really is much more you can be doing.

provided it hasn't rained and your car was already properly washed and waxed you should be able to just dust it off. It is just carbon flakes.

negative...its pretty dirty i havent washed it in like 2 months...been doin alotta wrenchin on it lately and havent had time. plus it needs a lil bodywork, not to mention it was flooded at one point in time(minus current engine)....maybe ill just sand it and prime it...try and get it ready for a paint job in the near future

Archived