95 and 89 Honda Civic wheel rims

Hexar

Hi,

I have this 95 Honda Civic hatch back, the tire size for the car is P175/70R13.

A friend of mine has a couple of the same tires on rims that he does not need anymore (P175/70R13), the tires are about 90% new. His car is a either 89 or 90 Civic hatch back, you know, the one version before mine.

My question is: will his tires fit on my 95 Civic with his current rims? I mean are the rims interchangeable?

Thanks!

Hexar

Yes, as long as he hasn't done any sort of lug conversion you're fine. 4x100.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I put his tires on and the car runs fine.

Another question, he also has a couple of 175/70R13 tires on a set of Nissan rims, do you think they will work? I put one of these on my front left wheel lugs (without putting on the nuts), it seems fit, but space is kind of tight... so I took it off and put my original back on.

Will Nissan (l think it was a Sentra) rims fit on my Civic?

Thanks!

did the lug pattern line up and go on the hub when you test fitted?

it doesnt matter what car they're from just if they fit.

and since you said youu already tested them, i think they'll work.

did the lug pattern line up and go on the hub when you test fitted?

it doesnt matter what car they're from just if they fit.

and since you said youu already tested them, i think they'll work.

Thanks EBP_EM1, I did not test run the 2 nissan tires, I just test fitted one of the nissan tires on my hub, and it sort of fit, I could spin the tire while it is on the hub, but it was bit tight, so I did not dare to fasten the nuts and took it off, and put my original back on.

The lug patterns are the same, with 4 lugs, square positioned.

They may bolt up fine, but when test driving after mounting them, make sure to listen for rubbing. The offset for the nissan wheels may be different than for Honda and might cause some rubbing issues. Unless you know the offset and width of the nissan wheels, there's no way of knowing until you mount them and test drive it.

They may bolt up fine, but when test driving after mounting them, make sure to listen for rubbing. The offset for the nissan wheels may be different than for Honda and might cause some rubbing issues. Unless you know the offset and width of the nissan wheels, there's no way of knowing until you mount them and test drive it.

Thanks HungGSR.

Archived