looking forward to being a honda newbie

alex7577

Hey everyone. I'm in Raleigh, NC and I'll be shopping for a used Honda soon. I googled around for the most active Honda forums and this is where I ended up. I've owned a 1996 VW Passat GLX, so I was always browsing VWvortex.

I am about 2 months away from ending my lease on a 2004 Infiniti G35. I've decided that since my girl has a 1999 Lexus, there isn't really a need for me to have a nice new car. I've done it, so I don't need to do it again. I've been doing alot of research and the Honda Accord or the Toyota Avalon is the way I'm looking to go. I'm just looking for a commuter car (10 miles each way) that is comfortable and reliable.

So I'll be searching, reading and posting for research on buying a used Honda Accord. I've got about a 10k budget and I've been searching through craigslist in the Raleigh-Durham area and its seems that that 2000-2002 years are where I am going to end up.

So if anyone has some advice, pointers, etc... I would be very appreciative. Thanks all!

I haven't seen the IP Board forum software. It's very easy on the eyes! :)

Welcome to HF.

10k for an accord should get you one around or a bit less then the 60-70k mark depending on trim level and condition

we have a small active community here, but are not the largest and most active Honda forum by about 50 times over.

hey welcome! well glad your getting out of a VW i had one of them once and prob the worst car i have ever drove!! lol i think i had a problem about every other day. well gald to hear your wanting to get in a honda. hey another honda to check into is the preludes. i had one once it was the best car i have owned yet. i would still have it if it wasnt stolen and totaled. :(

welcome :) it's a fun forum here...plus, a lot of people know what they are talking about...

I went to Raleigh, NC once...it's nice there...it seems like the whole place is a big forest and there are roads and homes everywhere...I was speeding so much and never got pulled over!! :D

10k will get you a great Accord...they are awesome cars...reliable and sweet...the best ones (fast/quick) IMO are the '02 EX 2 door...coupes...buy from an individual or something like carmax because dealers mostly rip people off!

good luck and post pics :)

Archived