engine swap for my 93 civic hatch dx

93civichatch

i just got a 93 hatch and im going for the sleeper look so im not gonna go to crazy on the exterior

but i want the engine to be at top performance but i dont reALLY KNOW IF I WANT A B 16A2 OR B16B OR JUST A B18...PLEASE COMMENT I NEED ALL THE ADVICE

^ lmfao.

JDM B18C, ITR tranny (has limited slip to begin with, close gears..you'll definitely benefit from it by staying in the b18c's powerband with that tranny), RS*R/Toda/SMSP header, RM m22x cams with a nice intake manifold/tb combo and a decent exhaust. should have you in the thirteen's easily. definitely a lot q uicker than just having the swap.

Go with the the B18C1 and hit it with a Skunk2 TB and IM

So please tell me, what would be the benefits of doing those two modifications in particular? First off, that throttle body is huge, really not needed for an all motor setup. I know a lot of high horsepower turbo setups on B-Series still running their stock intake manifolds, maybe just ported out, but not to a 70mm like most aftermarkets. The intake manifold would be a good one for the B18C(1), but what about the other bolt-ons, silly?

^ lmfao.

JDM B18C, ITR tranny (has limited slip to begin with, close gears..you'll definitely benefit from it by staying in the b18c's powerband with that tranny), RS*R/Toda/SMSP header, RM m22x cams with a nice intake manifold/tb combo and a decent exhaust. should have you in the thirteen's easily. definitely a lot q uicker than just having the swap.

"lmfao," indeed!

Just a stock B18C(1) should be border line 13's, hell I've heard of stock ones going 13.8's, not to mention adding a shorter geared limited slip differential transmission, you are definetly 13's with a stock motor. With bolt-ons and camshafts, he should be 12's no problem on slicks. But if you are really going to go that far that quick, might as well just get some 11.5:1 pistons, maybe 12.0:1. If those are the camshafts I am thinking of, you are definetly going to want to build your valvetrain. And you'll need a clutch.

I'd personally recommend going K-Series if you have the money and really want sleeper and quick. B-Series are great motors, but K-Series are so much more capable all motor. My friend has one in his 1998 hatchback, stock went 13.4 @ 109 on street tires, definetly a mid 12 second trap speed. Now add on some modifications and you are going to be a quick ass all motor sleeper. Although just getting a K-Series in a pre-2001 Civic will run you around $9,000 for the swap and all the parts, not even positive if that would be considered with installation prices.

Your best bet would be to give us an accurate price of how much you have or want to spend to help you do the most for your money.

Yea, my buddy has an EG duly named the "Keg". He went 13.2 on a type s ecu with no bolt on's. Went and got his header, intake, catback, k-pro and a tune and dipped down to 12.7@115. He's since put a 70 shot on his K and hasn't tracked it yet. It's f*cking fast though. I want no part of it LOL.

115 trap, holy crap! Bet there is a hell of a lot more in it, just needs the tire to do it to it! I almost want to go K-Series with this loan I'm getting and sell my B-Series setup, but I think I'll enjoy turbo more, I really am itching to have a forced induction car. I've pretty much owned everything, but a forced induction and a mid engine vehicle.

Haha and what K-Series swapped EH2 isn't renamed the "Keg"?

His brother's boosted '00 SI with a gsr swap on 8 pounds of boost was running with him and had actually beaten him before he got his bolt on's. And that's a full interior coupe with a 260 pound man driving. It was in fact a roll run though. If you boost on your current setup you're gonna' be faster than hell.

He was running on some BFG DR's but had mad wheel hop.

You should stick with bewst, dewd. It won't take anything for that hatchback to hit 12's and 11's.

I'm aiming for mid to low 11's, check out my setup at the end of "My Build Up...," it has what is going down once I get a new job. It's funny, I weigh 180ish, I could be down at 150ish, the only actual motivation I have to get into shape and lose that weight, it race weight. Ha, terrible.

If my full interior EJ6 could go 12.8's on slicks with 10psi @ 112 with the a/c blowing, I see no reason why your featherweight of a car couldn't do it with that setup.

To the OP -- sorry about the threadjacking. However, let our conversation be of interest to you in getting your car setup and any idea's you may have.

If you have questions, you're welcome to PM me about them.

well i wanna stay in the b series and the b18c1 and the b16b are close in whp

and im eventually gonna turbo it but when i get it in the first mods im gonna get are

cams, cam gears, pulleys, manifold, injectors header, intake and exhaust...after these mods what do u think i can run???the money thing is no limit im spending every cent i make in this car so the price really doesnt matter

That's alllll you'd need LOL.

400whp hatchback street pull LOL

That guy missed fourth like whoa! But yeah, that thing shot from 100-130 faster then my car probably 0-30's. Haha.

That guy missed fourth like whoa! But yeah, that thing shot from 100-130 faster then my car probably 0-30's. Haha.

Imagine slicks and actual gear catching though.

Archived