ls?

slosol

this may sound like a stupid question mainly bc it very well may be but, when you hear the term ls swap in the 88-91 civics and crx's what is the most common ls swap, the same year ls teg motor as that year civ or the 94 and on ls? i know both can be done but what is most common? PS im not retartded

Some people may remember a time when the best way to get twin cams into a 1986 CRX Si was to take the head off of a 1986 Integra. I don’t remember there being much of a difference between the LS and GS in those D16 motors.

Head swapping is nothing new. For you "slosol", I would suggest to learn more about the donor cars and what their engines are capable of.

Most importantly, decide what you want to do and form a realistic goal around it. Perhaps an LS/VTEC swap would be overkill for your application or perhaps simply too much work for such a slight advantage.

Is your application so demanding that a few incremental advantages in your motor are absolutely necessary?

Determine what your driving requirements are based on your driving and then check out the differences between an LS/VTEC and other motors, see which motor fits your requirements. It may not be an LS/VTEC.

Remember, if an LS/VTEC was for everyone: a) everyone would have one and b) Honda would have built it.

Have fun "slosol"!

he was looking for just an LS motor not an LS/vtec swap??

and what motor does the CRX and integra share in 1986???

Edit: last i knew the integra had a B-series motor and the crx had a D-series witch isn't swapable..

he was looking for just an LS motor not an LS/vtec swap??

and what motor does the CRX and integra share in 1986???

Edit: last i knew the integra had a B-series motor and the crx had a D-series witch isn't swapable..

yea integras had b series starting at 1990 or maybe 1989 for the jdm xsi. 86 teg comes with the dual cam d series motor.

The 1986 and 1987 Integra came with the D16A1 (brown top valve cover, vacuum advance distributor, etc.).

The 1988 and 1989 Integra came with the D16A1 (black top valve cover, electronic advance distributor, etc.).

The European 1986 and 1987 CRX 1.6i-16 had a twin cam brown top motor. I am not certain if it was a D-Series, but I would venture to say was since the European black top was a D16A9, not a ZC.

In the USA, around 1987 and 1988, some folks were experimenting with swapping the head off of the 1986 and 1987 Integra onto the 1986 and 1987 CRX Si’s D15A3 block.

In hind sight, it does appear to have been more trouble than necessary since the D16A1 is a relative “bolt-in” application to the US 1986 and 1987 CRX chassis.

Of course, since most of the enthusiasts today have moved onto the B, H, and K-Series motors in 3rd generation and newer CRXs, interest in the D-Series has waned.

I actually thought the original question referred to an LS/VTEC swapped into a CRX 2nd chassis. I thought “ls” was short for LS/VTEC; thought it was some Honda slang.

My bad.

1st generation CRXs with 1st generation Integra parts are cool and inexpensive ways to learn about Hondas. I did a full drum to disk rear conversion on my silver 1987 CRX DX from a red 1986 Integra LS for $50.00 USD (yeah, proportioning valve, disks, calipers, old but thick enough pads, brake lines, emergency brake cables, caliper mounting pieces, dust covers, and hubs). After I paid, I told the guy at the junk yard what I was doing with the parts and he lamented he should have charged me more.

Archived