del sol

Rick B.

Im heading up to LA area to trade my ls for this sol in about two hours. its by no means perfect. You cant see in the pic, but the driver's side door is pretty dented in, the radiator leaks, and the guy says the timing is a little off since its not running on the right ecu and it runs a little funny until it warms up. i believe its a type s with a vtec swap, dont know what motor though. here are the pics.

Picture_108.jpg

Picture_105.jpg

Picture_100.jpg

Picture_099.jpg

Picture_098.jpg

Picture_090.jpg

edit: he only wanted like 1500 for it. unfortunately it does have a salvaged title, but ill check to see what condition the frame is in and take it for a test drive before making any decision.

Edited by rbolander

im just worried about possible frame damage. and i need to find a new driver's door for it, it would probly be cheaper than going to a body shop. and i need a new ecu for it.

I wonder if those are actual EDM fogs or if someone just rigged some 99/00 fogs into the bumper.

Looks like rigged fawgliyghtses

Edited by busted ls1

same car I looked at buying a month ago but decided to fly to FL instead. Did you find this on HT? Thats where I found it. Originally was listed by one of the female members for $1800 and she did say she got it from a vehicle auction, if I recall it was from a police impound auction.

if this guys wants 1500 instead of 1800 and he bought it from another person and not the source I would guess it needs some major work and hes trying to get out of it or he stripped some parts off and is now reselling it again.

I swear to God I'm gonna' get bit with the Del Sol bug here. :p

Rick, be weary of that passenger side turn signal and why it isn't lining up right.

Edited by busted ls1

look at the front right fender of the car. you can see that it was dented in and someone trying to hammer it back out, thats whats causing it to look unaligned.

also, look at the engine bay shot, there is no sign of any bodywork done to any of the metal in there.

Also, when i saw the tiny pic of the del sol driver side door, the dent is high in the middle of the door. ill try to post the pic from craigslist.

there it is.

01010401030401040320070701c403fe5b0e50f9d66f0083bb.jpg

im willing to be though that the driver's side window doesnt roll up. ill have to see if there is still a window in there, if there is, maybe i can push the dent out some so that it can roll up.

im leaving to go get it. talked to the guy on the phone. all the windows work and everything. just need to fix the door and put the right ecu in there. he is running a stock type-s del sol ecu and apparently its idling at 2000rpms. oh, and fix the radiator leak

aftermarket fender could also be the cause of the corner lamp not being properly aligned. my driver's side fender is now an aftermarket one and if you really look at it you can see that the fitment isn't 100%

well, i drove the hour and a half to get the sol, and i didnt get it. its a great car, i want it, but he tried to give it to me without the seats bolted down because he doesnt have the sliders for it. the exhaust rattles alot and it just has alot of nickel and dime stuff which isnt too bad.