Solo Just Bought a 93 Del Sol Si

solo95

Hi, my name is Solo.

Just bought a 93 Del Sol Si. Clean Newer paint Blue with everything stock except intake.

I don't know much about tuning, so seeking some advice.

I've test drived a couple of 93 Si before. The "modded" ones seem to have better clutch, more power, and faster.

And the one that I have, I get the feeling that the clutch is hurting the power and i'm driving at high RPMs for acceleration between gears. And it's really not that fast.

So my question is:

- Does Racing Clutch put better use to the engine?

- Does bigger rims mean you can go faster?

- Does Exhaust and Intake play a big role in speed and power?

- My Si doesn't say VTEC on it, or any engine specs on it. Am I getting the 125HP as stated by Honda?

- What else can I do to increase performance and speed without hurting the car in the long run?

I apologize, but I get all these opinions from my friends about tuning and they are very contradicting sometimes.

Some professional advice and input would be great.

Thanks.

Edited by solo95

- Does Racing Clutch put better use to the engine?

- Does bigger rims mean you can go faster?

- Does Exhaust and Intake play a big role in speed and power?

- My Si doesn't say VTEC on it, or any engine specs on it. Am I getting the 125HP as stated by Honda?

- What else can I do to increase performance and speed without hurting the car in the long run?

Yes, also frees up power if you have light weight flywheel

No

Not a HUGE roll, just provides better "flow" of the engine. I/H/E combo will give you around 10-15hp

Idk

Headers and Exhaust if you don't have those already. I would also invest in a new IM and clutch.

my 0.02

your engine should have VTEC on the engine cover, and no, your probably not getting the 125hp that Honda stated as your car is nearly 15 years old, and engines deteriate over time and therefore you're going to have a slight decrease in power, but that cant be helped. get a cold air intake, header, and exhaust and that will help get the power up a tad.

You have a D16Z6, you have VTEC.

Edit: Unless the engine was swapped with a Non VTEC somewhere down the road but the 93 Del Sol Si's have the D16Z6.

Edited by SamLach

No the 1993 1.6 si motors do have the vtech but not all of them say vtech on the motor. But bore out your thottle body headers and high flow cat will open up a lot of power to the wheels. One thing i did to my car was et the adjustable cam gears and it helped a little after it was adjusted right.

They say VTEC, I dunno about Vtech, though.

I assume in saying cam gearS you have a b16 in your sol, rather than d?

Edited by busted ls1

If it's an Si, you have VTEC (unless someone put a non-vtec motor in it at some point). Some 93-95's don't say VTEC on the valve cover. Just look for the VTEC solenoid, and check the code on the block.