Just Bought A 93 Del Sol ---Clean Stock---

Hi, my name is Solo.

Just bought a 93 Del Sol Si. Clean Newer paint Blue with everything stock except intake.

I don't know much about tuning, so seeking some advice.

I've test drived a couple of 93 Si before. The "modded" ones seem to have better clutch, more power, and faster.

And the one that I have, I get the feeling that the clutch is hurting the power and i'm driving at high RPMs for acceleration between gears. And it's really not that fast.

So my question is:

- Does Racing Clutch put better use to the engine?

- Does bigger rims mean you can go faster?

- Does Exhaust and Intake play a big role in speed and power?

- My Si doesn't say VTEC on it, or any engine specs on it. Am I getting the 125HP as stated by Honda?

- What else can I do to increase performance and speed without hurting the car in the long run?

I apologize, but I get all these opinions from my friends about tuning and they are very contradicting sometimes.

Some professional advice and input would be great.

Thanks.

welcome to hf, hans.

bigger rims will slow you down, honda engine's aren't known for torque straight from the factory.

intake/header/exhaust is a good start, as is an aftermarket clutch and lighter flywheel. should make a nifty little gain off of it. if anything you can go with a small bottle shot or even turbocharge it for not a lot of money.

Archived