89 si help

Frost9009

Got this 89 Si right. Well it just wont start for me. It turns and turns and turns but no ignition. It has new plugs, new wires, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, new front tires, and alighnment. It was running a week ago after i put in the new fuel pump/filter, but before that it was running bad. Hard to start, when i drove for like 20 mins and stop like at a store quick in and out i had to like wait 15 more mins inside my car to start it up again. Plugs are sparking. I just dont know what to do lol. Its my second car, first was a celica and the rods were knocking i sold it the day i got it before something bad happened lost some money on that deal. Do i have like a car curse or something? When i test drove this car everything was good but the front had a shake when you got up to 50 mph, shook real bad lol. Got the front tires replaced the day i got it and the shake went 100% away. I am truly flustered. Did i install the fuel pump wrong? When i put that and the filter in the car ran good but the idle needed adjusted. (i didnt do that cause i dont know where the idle is) Could that be it? Does the idle effect the starting of a car? Need to get this running again before next weekend and i dont have a big bank roll cause of my first car mistake. I really dont want this car experience to be a mistake i really REALLY like the way this looks and the way it handled before things started to take a turn for the worse. Any help is apperciated. Please forgive me if i dont understand at first i really dont know alot about cars atm but i do want to learn. Thats why i want to fix this up myself and learn about the car while i work on it, if you know what i mean. Going to check all the fuses again the ones in the engine bay and the ones under the dash. Is there more on a civic?

Well all of the fuses are good. Took everyone out one at a time inspected them and put it back in same spot. All good. Could the battery be bad? Can a car still turn but not fire if the battery is bad? I get the beeps when i put the key in and the lights turn on so it cant be the battery. (trying to get some ideas) plugged fuel lines? That could be it right? How can i check to see if they are plugged?

Replace your ecu fuse just in case, double check all the wiring on the fuel pump, and then if all else fails replace your main relay.

:( means i got to drop the tank again. I will look and see where the main relay is in my handy dandy Chilton book. I will be back im sure.

Well,you need three things for a no start. SPARK, FUEL and COMPRESSION .

I'd check for the first two things when the car is acting up.(spark and fuel )

As for your main relay,its located under the dash on the left side .its black

and says MITSUBA .

gOOD LUCK BRO !

Well,you need three things for a no start. SPARK, FUEL and COMPRESSION .

I'd check for the first two things when the car is acting up.(spark and fuel )

As for your main relay,its located under the dash on the left side .its black

and says MITSUBA .

gOOD LUCK BRO !

Wires for the fuel pump seems to be in order. I know for sure there is spark, new plugs and new plug wires and it was running like a week ago. I parked it a week ago cause fuel prices where are getting high :( 3.20 a gal (i remember like 4 years ago it was like ~1.30) Well as far as fuel i went and got a 5 gal jug and put the whole thing in there. I jumped under my dash and i got flustered so i said hey bud take a 5 min break and come back lol so im on break now. MITSUBA huh, i will make sure i write that down on paper and take that out with me when i finish my drink. I do thank you guys for the help. Please keep them coming! I will be back with the relay lol.

Ok, i think i pulled the main relay. Well i pulled two things that were on the fuse box. Here is the pic. 1 has 4 prongs 2 copper and 2 silver, the other has 3 gold prongs.

MainRelay.jpg

Neither of those is the Main Relay. It will be a decent sized black box, right above the hood latch under your dash.

The main relay might be blue.

Come to think of it. The owner told me that when they were putting the stereo system in they punctured the gas tank with a screw when putting the amps in. I heard that your car must stay pressurized to run. If this is the case what can i do to the hole till i can pick up a new tank? JB weld it?

Come to think of it. The owner told me that when they were putting the stereo system in they punctured the gas tank with a screw when putting the amps in. I heard that your car must stay pressurized to run. If this is the case what can i do to the hole till i can pick up a new tank? JB weld it?

I would bet your problem lies with the ignitor located in the dizzy.

Good Luck, Edward

Http://extracashforyou365.com

http://www.guitarherorocksthe80s.com

http://www.guitarherorocksthe80s.info

im inclined to agree. its definitely somin to do with your distributor dude. find someone with an Si like yours and try thier dizzy.

Archived