Wrong site, but need your guys help!!!!!

brynfiv

Root for the underdog yall. I believe in honda, and I know a few are far faster than both. I spent $345.25 on Scat Rods rated to 750H.P. and Keith Black .030 over .200 dome top pistons that will make somewhere around 10.7:1 compression today. I've got an 87' 5.0 H.O. Block and Stock E7TE heads with Crane Cams .550 lift roller valve spring and retainer set. I'm gonna run stock crankshaft, because it's affordable and it can withstand the RPM's. Also allready have MSD billett distributor, Blaster 3 coil, MSD 6AL ignition box, Carter 7psi electric fuel pump, 750 CFM Edelbrock carb. which is too big, and edelbrock performer 289 non-EGR intake which is too small, 3.73 gears and World class T-5 5-speed transmission with 2.95 1st gear. My dad has an 02' Z28 Convertible with SS functional hood (automatic, and otherwise stock). He said I'll never outrun him without nitrous. I need your guys help. Which cam should I run? Anything else known would really help too. Please help me.

Root for the underdog yall. I believe in honda, and I know a few are far faster than both. I spent $345.25 on Scat Rods rated to 750H.P. and Keith Black .030 over .200 dome top pistons that will make somewhere around 10.7:1 compression today. I've got an 87' 5.0 H.O. Block and Stock E7TE heads with Crane Cams .550 lift roller valve spring and retainer set. I'm gonna run stock crankshaft, because it's affordable and it can withstand the RPM's. Also allready have MSD billett distributor, Blaster 3 coil, MSD 6AL ignition box, Carter 7psi electric fuel pump, 750 CFM Edelbrock carb. which is too big, and edelbrock performer 289 non-EGR intake which is too small, 3.73 gears and World class T-5 5-speed transmission with 2.95 1st gear. My dad has an 02' Z28 Convertible with SS functional hood (automatic, and otherwise stock). He said I'll never outrun him without nitrous. I need your guys help. Which cam should I run? Anything else known would really help too. Please help me.

X303 is nice cam. low .500's for lift on both sides , .220 duration range. an aggressive cam(you already have the valvetrain to handle this cam). i have no idea why you would run a carborator. what car is this going in? it was EFI stock. if you really wanna stomp the ol man , get a set of alluminum heads , even GT40. borg warner world class T5 matched with 3.73 rears will rock. the trannys cant take that much abuse though , not without building them to take it. if you run fuel injection like you should be , you would stomp him i assure you. SBF > SBC any day of the week. even the chev guys know im right , lol. by the way 750 cfm carb with the mods you have listed , is perfect. mustangs run a 600 single pump stock.

X303 is nice cam. low .500's for lift on both sides , .220 duration range. an aggressive cam(you already have the valvetrain to handle this cam). i have no idea why you would run a carborator. what car is this going in? it was EFI stock. if you really wanna stomp the ol man , get a set of alluminum heads , even GT40. borg warner world class T5 matched with 3.73 rears will rock. the trannys cant take that much abuse though , not without building them to take it. if you run fuel injection like you should be , you would stomp him i assure you. SBF > SBC any day of the week. even the chev guys know im right , lol. by the way 750 cfm carb with the mods you have listed , is perfect. mustangs run a 600 single pump stock.

Thanks Cranny, I think I will run the X-303 cam this time and on a budget some GT40P heads. It's an 85' GT. Last year of the carburated 5.0's. I prefer fuel injenction, but it'll have to wait.

GT40's aren't all that nice dude, even with the dogcrap ported out of them. I'd have to go with a different kind of head. Dart makes good crap.

Archived