Tips for passing Emissions

SamLach

old cars can pass.. i have a 92 legend and it passed

some tips, change oil before test, drive it for about an hour before test. make sure visual inspections pass like make sure air filter is clean, egr is working properly, also make sure your car is using correct oil weight specifications(also correct level), use recommended tire pressure, might seem silly but, all those help. use recommended octane.

if you have mods like a ebay header, dont hold your breath, if you have an 4inch fart can, youl still pass just depending on the DB sound.. if you have bigger or smaller wheel, you may fail. test pipe is auto-fail lol.

In Nashville TN, all they check is smog and all of that stuff, the only visual inspection is when they take a mirror and look to see if you have a cat on your exhaust. Everything is stock except for the muffler, it's not a fartcan, just a generic replacement muffler from the shop. I'll get my oil changed before I do it, see if that works.

One I have heard is to rip on your car the day before and day of your emissions test, cleans it out. Not sure if it will really help that much, but my friend was told to do that when he failed once, went back and passed.

Nothing is really wrong with it. It smokes a little when I'm driving really, really hard on it but it doesn't smoke at idle. Going in today, we'll see what happens lol.

Nothing is really wrong with it. It smokes a little when I'm driving really, really hard on it but it doesn't smoke at idle. Going in today, we'll see what happens lol.

try living in texas man, i failed once because my rearview mirrow was missing and the gas cap was too old.

texas emissions are really bad, they check everything!!!

Welp, I went in today and waited in line for about 2 hours to get tested. Checked to make sure I had a cat, did a pressure test on my gas cap, checked for smog and I passed! I added about a bottle of rubbing alcohol to a quarter tank of gas and it ran really clean! Woot :)

Archived