a little dsm help please

Nancy

i came across a totaled mitsubishi eclipse gsx at the auction today for only 1300. i picked it up for parts car only but i was wondering if i can swap the gsx motor straight into my galant with little or no problems. i dont know much about dsm's but i know theres a few of you here that do. thanks guys, nancy :heart:

That'd prolly be a sick little project. Maybe not a little one actually...

Ask mycarsux for some good DSM links if he ever shows up here again. Wasn't he big into them at one point?

Although, cruising forums for certain types of cars can be... disquieting... When we were working on this girl's Cavalier stereo my friend and I were on Cavalier forums and wow... just wow...

I think it would be a lot easier for you to find a FWD tranny for it, so you dont have to add a driveshaft and rear diff, new rear suspension, etc...

Ditto. I'm sure it would be a nice, sick project.

I know you can, I just don't know how hard it is. As Daniel said, it will be easier if you find a FWD transmission. I don't think the swap is too hard, it should just bolt in, maybe new motor mounts and that's it. Obviously you know that some Galants in the US came with the 4G63 in the VR-4's, but not many made it here. I hope it works out, I love Galant VR-4's, but just have the 4G63 FWD in a Galant will be sick enough. $2000 and those things haul.

Aren't those galant's V6? Why the hell would she want to put a 4g63 in it? Even if it's a 4 banger, it's pointless, and not worth the money to swap that engine into that car. It'll cost more money to swap it in, then to sell the damn thing and buy an eclipse.

Better yet, if she wants power, tell her to buy a 92-93 (I think that's the year) Diamante. The 6g72 turbo 3000GT engine fits in there. She can have a twin turbo, 320hp Diamante. Talk about a nice sleeper car.

Ballin'!