Took a few shots of the sol cleaned up

Sorry to be a post-whore about my new sol but, as you may have noticed, I'm pretty excited about it. I spent almost 9 hours over the past two days washing, clay-baring, polishing, and waxing, plus cleaning the interior, so here's a few shots I took tonight in the dying light of an overcast sky.

SANY0007-1.jpg

SANY0006-2.jpg

SANY0004-2.jpg

SANY0005-2.jpg

Here's two reflexion shots. As you can see, the finish isn't perfect like we've come to expect when Hung posts his stuff up. I was wondering what I should do about that -- buy a buffer, use more elbow grease, apply a second coat of the mediocre wax I used (Black Magic -- don't recommend it -- it's like polish to get it to shine up right and even then...) or any other ideas you guys might have.

SANY0009-1.jpg

SANY0010-1.jpg

I think I look like a monkey in that last shot but there's a certain charm in that, I guess.

I'll try to rebuff a little tomorrow morning and take some shots in better light. Mostly for my enjoyment since I'm sure you're already sick of my stock sol by now.

kaleeeen dood. did you amber those corners out or is that stock? you should drop it though :thumbsup: and after some time we can finally meet up and get that seat swappin

kaleeeen dood. did you amber those corners out or is that stock? you should drop it though :thumbsup: and after some time we can finally meet up and get that seat swappin

You're a Sol owner, too, so you should know those aren't stock :p

Yeah, those are some straight up eBay corners, my friends. Forty bucks shipped and they look so very nice.

I think I'll prolly end up dropping it when Kegger gets his suspension setup, since I'll be stealing my old suspension back from him. Of course I'll prolly fab up some extended top hats and get an antisway kit with some new bushings at the same time. Then it's pretty much staying stock. I am loving a quiet car right now and plus, I'm pretty much broke. I'd like to even leave the suspension stock but it's not that nice feeling and there's so much roll I wanna get rid of it.

Repsol, get on in here and scope the pristine fat fives you should buy from me.

Yeah, those are some straight up eBay corners, my friends. Forty bucks shipped and they look so very nice.

I think I'll prolly end up dropping it when Kegger gets his suspension setup, since I'll be stealing my old suspension back from him. Of course I'll prolly fab up some extended top hats and get an antisway kit with some new bushings at the same time. Then it's pretty much staying stock. I am loving a quiet car right now and plus, I'm pretty much broke. I'd like to even leave the suspension stock but it's not that nice feeling and there's so much roll I wanna get rid of it.

Repsol, get on in here and scope the pristine fat fives you should buy from me.

Fat fives, you say sir?

I have ls mesh, but they're far from pristine LOL.

I don't wanna have to do any refinishing. I'm not really looking to sell my wheels and get the meshies but he's (Repsol) wanting new wheels, likes the stockers, and lives in MD.

Actually, the paint on the trunk lid is starting to fade a little. I spent like a half hour alone polishing it and it still looks bad. You can really tell that the previous owner parked it outside with the front half under the cover of a tree and the back half facing west. It's seen two straight years of paint-fading sunsets...

Gonna go quick detail it up and try to get some better reflexion shots. Then my post-whoring is done until I get it lowered, tinted tails and windows, LS meshies, and the seats I want.

Yeah, there's a little dent there and three other little dings right around it (two on the hood right nearby and one on that fender). It also needs the plastic pieces that slope down on the back repainted as they're chipping up nice. When I get a lip I'm gonna take care of those all at once. Prolly turn a $100 purchase into a $500 one but it'll look purdy.

Edit: Here's the few more I took this morning. Showing off the dent I guess, but also the shine.

SANY0011.jpg

SANY0012.jpg

SANY0016.jpg

SANY0017.jpg

By the way, Meguiar's Quik Detailer is awesome for getting the most out of your wax as I just found out. It made my okay looking wax really shine. I tried to take some more close-ups to show it but my paint isn't perfect and neither was the weather (still cloudy).

That looks great John. Good job. As far as getting the finish perfect (or near perfect), you'll have to get a buffer. A human arm just can't create the force and heat that's needed to remove a lot of the scratches and defects. I think it looks great though. There must be stuff in it that only shows in the sun, cause your pics look very clean.

Thanks for the comments, Hung.

I was hoping to avoid the expense of a buffer but maybe I'll treat myself next summer when I get back from my semester abroad and have money again.

Archived