Update: Dyno Chart inside

xxscaxx

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aright so im in a pickle here.

pretty much seibon discontinued the Silver CF look, i cant find silver anything ANYWHERE. this sucks because i wanted a cf trunk possibly, and now any cf i get cant be black because that will just look stupid.

so, my options:

1) keep the hood, F*ck more CF

2) paint the hood, go black CF

3) sell the hood, go back to stock for now

4) keep looking for silver cf and hope it pops up

I love the hood. I say keep it and just watch for a silver trunk to appear. And make sure to keep calling Seibon and asking about it.

The plate on the front, is that just an angled bracket or is it hinged? I would think that a spring loaded hinge would be pretty neat. At a stop it would be in normal position, at under 45 it would be in a partially tilted position and then from there up it would lay flat back to allow unrestricted air flow into the fmic

its a jdm holder. you can adjust it, but its actually suppose to be back further but my FMIC is in the way. its pretty much so you can see the license plate lol.

hung - i like the clean look of rs hoods, but i just love the scoop too much. if i was to sell it, id put the stocker back on or get a cf hood with some kind of scoop on it (even if its the reverse scoop)

i also forgot to mention, im going to trade my STi side skirts for wrx ones. this guys car has inspired me so much that i might even get rid of my wing. this is what my sides will look like soon:

side.jpg

yeah it would be wingless, no wrx wing. but i love the roof vane wing. its definitely something i have been looking into. i want that wing with the vortex generator CF piece that goes on it...so sick.

• 2 weeks later...

well im back. another quick update for everyone.

got some NGK one step colder plugs, coming tomorrow. should yield me some extra hp when i go for my tune next wednesday.

also, the biggest thing im doing, though it might upset some lol, is im getting rid of the silver carbon fiber hood. i love the hood, but i just cant get anything else in silver CF, and i want a lot of other crap in cf (trunk, wing, exhaust cover, etc) and then nothing would match and that would be ugly. the guy i bought my first FMIC from actually has the same exact hood of mine but in black, and he wants to trade so im going to do that.

ive been searching high and low for a silver cf trunk, and i cant find one. and the more i think about it, i wanted other crap and they just dont make it in silver cf, so then id be held back from getting that stuff anyway. itll look good either way, so its all good. just sucks because now i wont be different anymore lol.

black CF hood is on...soooo much better looking. looks a LOT meaner. i took some pics but ill post them up tomorrow. starting a quick new project before my tune on wednesday. ill keep everyone in suspense about it :D

also installed my one step colder plugs last night. all ready for her tune.

Archived