Update: Dyno Chart inside

xxscaxx

well, heres my story.

yesterday morning i got in my car to drive down to XX tuning, in hartford CT. got down there around 930, met some of the guys, and chris got into my car to bring it into the back to be dynoed.

he runs back in, tells me im misfiring. pulls the car in, i get a code saying that #3 and #4 cylinders are misfiring. so im like frackK. he tells me to take the car home, pull the plugs out, make sure they are ok, or check the injectors. i KNEW for a fact i had plug the injectors in right and everything was ok. so just as im about to get in my car, we look over the car one more time...WTF? somehow one of the drivers side injector plugs got disconnected. gets back in, car runs fine.

then he goes into the back to be dynoed.

takes the wheels off, connects it all up. start to do the base line run, POPPP. intercooler hose comes popping off. reconnects it, does the same crap again. i had to use a cheapo coupler to get one of the pipes to connect, b/c for some reason the IC kit i bought it gapped bad, and it was the only coupler that would reach.

chris was an awesome guy, and pretty much told me to get rid of that whole FMIC setup, because it was garbage. the smaller piping routing from the turbo on the passenger side was robbing a lot of HP, and that stupid coupler wasnt allowing me to get up to full boost.

so to end this story, i had to come back home without a tune bc of the stupid f*cking fmic. i had a feeling i shouldnt have bought it, and now i paid for it. literally and figuratively. i had to pay for the tune, so with tax and a tbolt clamp to try to fix the problem of the coupler it came to 380 bucks. since i was on the dyno and used up time, i had to pay. chris told me when i come back down he will hook me up.

so, i ripped off the fmic yesterday, and sold it already. buying an APS DR725, and doing this crap right. crinkle red piping and black FMIC FTW.

point of this story...take your time, buy the right crap, so you dont have to go through stupid crap like i did. chris is leaving friday for a 2 week road trip to do road tunes, so now i have to wait till he gets back to go and get tuned again. which means, the earliest dyno date now again will be the 11th of july.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why didnt you just take off the cooler all together and run it with no pipes or anything attatched to the turbo intake at all? couldnt you tune it that way?

there would have been no way to tune it unless i had a solid closed piping with no leaks. just cant do it. the only way that it could have been done is if i had a top mount, but why. no point. im just going to go back and get it tuned when i have the better front mount.

ordered an apexi TT harness for 13 bucks shipped.

ive also contacted Rotora, and they offered me a partial sponsership for my car. the same with sparco.

honestly i was just bored and emailed them and they responded. i didnt think itd be that easy haha. but thanks busted. ill keep everyone informed.

seems like the "downs in the road" are taken care of :) good luck :)

He'll still be paying for parts, most likely will simply get them for standard dealer's cost.

Good luck with it!

yeah, i just contacted Rotora about 10 minutes ago. they are sending me an app to fill out so ill find out prices of everything.

other than that, i got my TT harness today, so thats all done. gotta take a quick pic for you guys.

oh, and i went to order a aps dr725 from some guy on nasioc..was hagglin me for like a week, i finally send him money..the stupid butthead sends its back saying he sold it to "his brother". now i have to wait till my money clears through back in my bank, and F*ck it, just buying a brand new aps DR525. so that will be ordered on thursday. thats when my money is suppose to come back in my account.

That's a bummer of an update, man. I wanted to see some sick dyno charts.

Who is that talking in your video? Seriously, man...

Good luck getting it all together. Car looks and sounds awesome by the way.

yeah, i just contacted Rotora about 10 minutes ago. they are sending me an app to fill out so ill find out prices of everything.

other than that, i got my TT harness today, so thats all done. gotta take a quick pic for you guys.

oh, and i went to order a aps dr725 from some guy on nasioc..was hagglin me for like a week, i finally send him money..the stupid butthead sends its back saying he sold it to "his brother". now i have to wait till my money clears through back in my bank, and F*ck it, just buying a brand new aps DR525. so that will be ordered on thursday. thats when my money is suppose to come back in my account.

What a toolbag.

^tell me about it. that stupid f*ck.

need to get some led lights and solder them behind the hvac (the ac controls). are really dim with just painting the lights red. i knew this in the first place, but i figured id try because i didnt feel like soldering everything. but now everything is red inside :D

TS John - thats my little brother. he thought it sounded cool but as soon as i heard it i knew the pipe had blown off, lol. dyno #'s will come soon, dont worry. chris gets back in 6 days and he is going to squeeze me in to get a tune. hopefully its before i leave on vacation.

also picked up an HKS bov adapter for my fmic, since the other one i had was a pipe. i also got in touch with Rotora, and found out what it will cost for brakes and such. for the big brake kit for front and rear including everything (calipers, pads, rotors, brake lines and some other crap) for 2300 front AND rear. thats crazy good seeing that just for the rear package its like 1800. or i can just get new rotors pads and brake lines for 680 front and rear.

Archived